Carbon Buildup

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Sea Form

Hi Guys/Gurus. I am about to remove,clean and replace gas kits on the inlet/intake manifold on a 90' LS400. In an attempt to solve a on going pinging issue. Member(White LS)had suggested this method from his experience with pinging,cause by build up in the manifold.Should i use "sea form" first, before i attempt this?

You can't go wrong seafoaming a 1990 LS400 especially if it has never been seafoamed before... Your looking at over 15 years of carbon buildup...

That's my take atleast as I am sure many others will agree also...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hrasAYG42g

You can also seafoam your oil and fuel...Directions are on the bottle... Hope this helps...

When seafoaming you don't need two people either like the video suggests, just plug the open hose end with a plug or even plastic (like a small thin plastic bag all bunched up) then once the engine is going remove the plug or bunched plastic from the hose end and suck up that seafoam...That's what I did and it worked out fine for me...

Would the salt do any damage ?? Lol...

Add an oil separator to your crankcase ventilation...

EGR prevents detonation and keeps combustion chambers cooler, helps prevent catalytic converters from overheating also... Inert gasses cannot burn!!
E10 fuel has less chance of carbon build up..

Sea foam

Hello Gurus,
I did an entire 16oz can of "sea foam" over the weekend (4 Doses) I waited approximately 30 mins and started the car and drove it "normally".Its now Wednesday and the pinging sound has not yet return. I will continue to monitor and update this forum on my findings. Thank you all once more.:nervous:

Add some water injection..Cheap system using a washer bottle is enough...

You should be able to claim against Carbon tax when it starts.. Lol...

Attachments

• SNV31836.jpg
    SNV31836.jpg
    263.2 KB · Views: 7
whats difference between using Seaform thru the PCV and just holding the throttle open and looking in there with a flash light and then spraying carb n choke cleaner. Isnt that the same thing? I just did that on my car and it looked really nasty inside the intake manifold. So I had a friend hold open the throttle while I sprayed Carb N choke Cleaner on the throttle blade itself and behind it(intake manifold) After I was done my idle was really high and took a while to go back to normal. Also I used Seafoam on my IROC back in the day and it had turn down exhaust tips. Well it left a nasty dark smoke stain on my driveway after I revved the Seafoam out. So I was thinking if it leaves that on my driveway, I wounder what it does to Cats and O2 Sensors? Does it coat the O2 sensors and Cat honeycomb material with that black sut on the way out?