Car not heating up

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

ABDULLAH D AFGHAN

Hey guys need your
I live in Nebraska and its getting Cold. My car coolant Temp gauge would not reach the half mark especially if I was on the Interstate with the heater ON. Im planning on going driving to St Louis Missouri for the weekend. I changed the coolant completely in my car using the RED TOYOTA long life coolant and distilled water. I decided to put in more water than coolant so Id say about 60% Water n 40% antifreeze because I heard some1 here say that more water is better. Anyways I was told that its the thermostat must not be working properly so that is why my temp guage is not reaching the half mark. So I got a new Thermostat and gasket but two problemsm NO 1. I cannot get that top coolant filling 17mm thing off. Its on there super tight. I used all sorts of wrenches n etc and it wont come off. Is that 17mm plug/screw holding the thermostat down?
No2 question is related to no1.. How do you take the Thermostat out. I tried wiggling it around and it will wiggle but it wont come out. ALso do I have to put the thermostat in a certain way, meaning does the marks on it have to line up with something? I checked out the tutorials on LEXLS but it didnt say how to take out the Thermo.
Plz help some1.
Thanks

I agree, most likely the thermostat is stuck open. The t-stat seal is probably stuck in the housing and thats why you cant get it out. being that you have a new one, try a pair of pliers on it going side to side or up and down. It will come free. As for the air bleed plug, you'll just need a larger rachet or a breaker bar to break it loose. Cause of the expansion and contraction rate differances between the aluminum housing and the steel bolt and cause of the aluminum galling, the plug threads get stuck together.

In both cases, you just need to be a bit more forcefull with them and they will come free....