Alternater bracket for Hilux

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

CHe

Does anybody know how to make the bracket to mount the alternater on the right hand side of the 1uz so it doesn't get in the way of the steering box in a hilux.

Some pics of this and the brackets would be very helpful

Thanks in advance everybody

I'd be interested in this too since I'll be facing a similar issues shortly. If no one posts up, I'll come up with something and post up.

I've got a 2wd 91 hilux sinlge cab and I haven't done a trial fit yet as I am still collecting parts. From the info i've got from this site I thought the alternator doesn't clear the steering box???
Also I would like it on the other side because that's where the wiring is for the orginal alternator.

i thought mine was going to touch the steering box, but after i fitted it, its all good, not alot of space, but enough

Attachments

• HPIM0030.JPG
    HPIM0030.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 12
Hi CHe,
If you mount the engine quite high in the chassis your alternator will clear the steering box - most people that have front sumps mount the engine up and forward, negating the need for sump modification and <usually> alternator relocation. Regardless, I've got some pictures somewhere... I'll see if I can find my relocated one.

Muzz

Any luck on the bracket anybody.

I'm trying to mount the engine as far back as I can and using a soarer rear sump

LOL.. That is creative... Have you guys ever try to mount the alternator backward? I am thinking about it to save space for a turbo. Mounting it facing the engine.

David,

Talk to Cobra (Brett) he has his alternator mounted backwards.

It works well but it does need some quite substantial brackets.

Turning the alternator in reverse doesn't cause any problems with charging.

Attachments

• 15535SC1.jpg
    15535SC1.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 10
u sould not need to mod it at all
my 92 hilux has power steering box and just misses

i have removed the heat shield of alternator

and then filed down some small angle bits that stuck out near the steering box side

and my engine is pretty much dead centre and left hand side head is 5 mm from firewall

to mount it further back you need to remove yr a/c heater unit and cut or panelbeat the big section that protrudes out abit on the firefall

not matter how far back you fit itu also have to mod the handbrake nose thingy that sticks out
ive moved mine in 30 mm and it just clears the engine

how far back do u want to fit engine
any further on my install and it would have been major mods for me
so best to do trial fit before u jump the gun

i have wired up 30 1uzs and all the hilux ones ive never seen alternator on opposite side

another thing is if u want to get rid of alternator u can always run it off tailshaft/diff like some drag or show cars if your battery is good enough it can be done with good results