Piggyback ECU AEM FIC

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Rock-a-Lex

Hi Cribbj. I love the AEM FIC8. It works! However, I had a different stance in the beginning but it wasn't the FIC's fault, it was the custom wiring harness I purchased that was jacked up. Cam and Crank wires were flipped. Other signal wires that were supposed to be intercepted were tapped and vice-versa; it matters! I literally ripped the whole harness apart and re-worked it.

Now the car runs great! Running the FIC as a piggyback to the stock ECU controlling my 440cc injectors. Fuel trims are usually within +/- 4% in closed loop; WB hovers between 14.2 and 15. Passes NYS inspection and no check engine lights. I still have to bring it in for a professional tune to ensure I'm extracting max power. Before I do that I'm going to order all T-bolt clamps for my IC piping (just ordered yesterday) and want to buy new modern injectors; 12-hole preferably. The 4-hole, 14yr old RC440s that I have in there now I'm sure aren't making the car run at max potential. Lol

Nick, thanks for the info & endorsement on the FIC. I've had a brief look at using a pair of them on my Italian hotrod and setting them up similarly to yours, along with 12 hole injectors, etc. I'll also be replacing my stock intake system of 2 x MAF's & TB's with 12 x ITB's and no MAF's, and have to figure out a way to "simulate" MAF signals to keep the OEM ECU's happy.

In TX for OBD2 cars, the inspection stations simply plug into the OBD2 port, and if there's no trouble codes or CEL's showing, the car passes (along with requisite lamp/horn/brake inspections).

The Ferrari is setup with a waste spark ignition due to lack of outputs on the OEM Motronics, and I was hoping to convert that to true sequential with the piggyback, however it seems the FIC really isn't setup for doing anything with the ignition side, other than retarding the stock timing, hence I would need another couple of boxes for ignition control, and at that point I may as well go full standalone and run it in piggyback.

Without going full standalone I believe split-second makes a tunable module that's plug n play that can adjust for timing.

The no MAF and 12 ITB setup sounds sick! However, sounds to me like you may need to go full standalone. Keep in mind if anything you do needs to retain OBDII port you can wire up a full standalone as a piggyback to the stock ECU...best of both worlds. Can fool the stock ECU regarding MAF signal, adjust timing as needed, yet have an ODBII port for inspection purposes.

Have been looking for a MAF simulator/fooler, but have come up dry. Best idea has been to "map" the MAF under varying conditions of MAP, TPS, RPM, etc. and then build a dedicated black box that will output the same signal as the MAF under all those previously datalogged conditions.

The FIC is rumored to be able to do this, so it may still have a future under the hood of the Ferrari: http://aemelectronics.com/?q=forum/maf-simulation

BTW, we've drifted your original thread waaaaay off topic, so I'm going to move these OT posts to a new thread we'll call AEM FIC, and I'll put it in this subforum: http://www.lextreme.com/forums/index.php?forums/fuel-ignition-air-tuning-fiat-members-on.16/