2UZFE Longblocks

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
Recently I got a few emails from browsers complaining that their Sequoia and Land Cruise had broken rods. Both of the engines were destroyed. So we took on the task of making them the engine that can handle the TRD Supercharger.

We did the forged h beam rods and pistons along with mildly porting the heads with stronger valve springs and a few other goodies.

Here are some pictures:

Lextreme-2UZFE%20Longblock%20004.jpg
Lextreme-2UZFE%20Longblock%20005.jpg
Lextreme-2UZFE%20Longblock%20015.jpg
2UZFE-Longblock%20019.jpg
2UZFE-Longblock%20024.jpg
2UZFE-Longblock%20026.jpg
2UZFE-Longblock%20001.jpg

Does the porting really help any wiht FI on this engine, how much?

Also how do the stronger valve springs help with the minimal boost pressures that the TRD ssytem produces?

Being how bottom end durability on the Sequoia and Land Cruiser is not up to the task of keeping up with the TRD supercharger, we here at Lextreme were given the responsibility of building a long block that could. Among some other mods I threw in my forged h-beam rods and pistons under some mildly ported heads then I sprinkled on some stronger valve springs. The end result is an engine that is begging for some forced air. Stay tuned for more…

"Cast Not - what your UZ can do to you - "

1UZ rods are cast too - no one in the American Engines camp would run Turbo or Blower on a cast rod - you're asking for trouble in my opinion regardless that the 1 UZ rod is 'thicker' -

If you're opening up the engine - put in Lex's Forged Rods and Forged Pistons - just in case you detonate you won't explode a piston or blast a rod out of the side of the engine - cheap Insurance.

1UZ rods are cast too - no one in the American Engines camp would run Turbo or Blower on a cast rod - you're asking for trouble in my opinion regardless that the 1 UZ rod is 'thicker' -

If you're opening up the engine - put in Lex's Forged Rods and Forged Pistons - just in case you detonate you won't explode a piston or blast a rod out of the side of the engine - cheap Insurance.

I guess cheap is a relative term. But any how there are quite a few guys running stock pistons and stock rods around here with 9psi and havent had any issues.

Yes a forged bottom end would be great but my point is that it isnt absolutely neccessary for 10 psi

But I do agree if you are going to open up the block you might as well put lowered compression pistons and forged rods. The labor is gonna cost a bit anyway,

As I understand it, the company that was making the supercharger kits for the 4.7 stopped offering them because the engine failures / rods were costing Toyota piles of cash - TRD ?

Check on Tundra Solutions - the 2000 - 2006 series owners are aware that those 'skinny rods' are not 'safe' for the 6 lbs. Boost the Superchargers were putting out.

Yeah, plenty of 'Testimonials' as to 'no problems' - and the flip_side halted installations and Supercharger production for the 4.7 - so what does that tell you ?

Powder rods explains why these 4.7 rods last as long as they do - always a 'head-scratcher' when looking at the pictures of those 'tooth-picks'.

Powder or not - Forged Rods / Forged Pistons is the only way to approach running BOOST - just my .02, along with most any American Engine builders opinion.

Toyota engines use a better grade of metals - which is why I believe their 1 UZ rods have low failure rates - but - my 4.7 will not see BOOST until anything cast is swapped out - I'm doing this once, which includes the price of the engine.:crazy:

Ummmmm if you detonate you will pit the piston. Forged doesnt mean the piston can take all kinds of detonation.

The best prevention to detonation is a good tune... regardless of the piston manufacture process.

From my understanding Justin is runnning an early 1UZFE (read pre 95) with stock internals and is running something like 500bhp so......

Also from my understanding the rods changed to crappy skinny ones after 95 and not at the point they went VVT in 98 as was previously thought.