1UZFE Valve Springs Upgrade

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Great news.. just contacted Carson Toyota and Paul 310-522-2300 the Parts Dept helped me out. The 2JZGTE valve springs are $4.17 each and they are sold individually. Total is $133.44 a set of 8. With oem 2JZ valve springs replacement. The 1UZ jump from 42 lbs spring load to 65 lbs spring load.

Since the ID and OD of the 2JZ springs are different,you might want to use the 2JZ retainers. You don't want those springs "wobbling".

What about using springs from a 2UZ or VVTi 1UZ/3UZ? If I have time @ work I'll try pulling specs on those model springs.

Just a thought... I wonder if there are any "Beehive Springs" that might fit our cars. I've heard great tales about these, mostly from LS1 guys.......

2 potential advantages.

For FI engines the heavier spring tension will overcome some of the lost tension due to the pressure of the intake system. If you're running 20lb boost the back of the valves have 20lb pressure on them all the time. This means an 80lb spring only has 60lb of effective tension. 80 - 20 = 60.

The second for all engines is it will fend off valve float until higher revs. They can also help down low with steep cam ramps in keeping the valv in contact with the follower.