1uz non vvti piston rings

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

vsh150

Hello all, i need piston rings for a 1uz non vvti but only can find 1.5 x 1.5 x3 , my piston are 1.2 x1.2 x 3 , any know the correct part number or where i can find these rings?

best regards

Here in the US, Total Seal have always been a good supplier of piston rings, and they have a large selection.

Sealed Power are another reliable manufacturer, and I've used their rings with good success.

Are your pistons OEM or aftermarket? Frankly, I don't know what size the OEM rings are - I'm sure Gloverman does, however, so perhaps he'll jump in & advise.

One of the changes Toyota made in the evolution of the 1UZ was going to thinner rings, to reduce the internal friction of the engine, although they didn't specify the dimensions of the new, thinner rings or at least they didn't specify the dimensions in the NCF (New Car Features) books which most of us rely on for technical info on these engines.

A lot of these types of changes were made around the 1996 timeframe, so you may have one of these later, pre-VVTi engines.

Before you get too deep in ordering custom rings from Total Seal, or another aftermarket supplier, you might try contacting the nearest Toyota agent in Chile and see if they can advise you of the ring dimensions for the later non-VVTi engines, and help you get a new set of OEM rings.

Hello all, i need piston rings for a 1uz non vvti but only can find 1.5 x 1.5 x3 , my piston are 1.2 x1.2 x 3 , any know the correct part number or where i can find these rings?

best regards
Hello Sir im going through the same problem and want to check if you ever got the right size