1UZ and 2uz bellhousing Differances (anyone know)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

cjsupra90

Ok, I know that I am not crazy here, but I could have swor that I came across a website a while go and someone was compairing the 1uz and 2uz bellhousings and Torque converters and found that they were different. Does anyone know if this is true and what the differances are or where I could find the site that I was looking at?

I need a deeper bellhousing and I thought that the 2uz unit was infact deeper by a small amout.

Any info that anyone might have and could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I just got one for 4Runner. I think they are 100% the same as the 1UZFE. Why? Because I am running a 2uzfe block with 1uzfe tranny.

I just got one for 4Runner. I think they are 100% the same as the 1UZFE. Why? Because I am running a 2uzfe block with 1uzfe tranny.

Yeah, I know that they are somewhat interchangable, but I could have sworn that in the pictures that were shown on the website that I can no longer find, the 2UZ bell was longer (or deeper i.e. longer from block face to trans face). This sopposedly was due to the 2uz's having a larger torque converter and also something with the input shaft being different or something on truck tranny's.....

I PM'ed Cebby on here but haven't heard back from him cause I think that it was his 4runner build / site that I was refering to cause in his build on here he talks about the bellhousing and deffinitly mentions the converters and the input shaft being different but the picture links are no good (red X's) and I didn't notice anything mentioned about the bellhousing differances except that he had to get the 2uz bell.

As for the "why?" part, I need a deeper bell for my swap swap so that I dont have to make the adapter so damn think. The way it is right now, the adapter needs to be almost an inch and a quarter thick and if the bell is some what deeper, then I can reduce the thinkness of the adapter.

I could shorten the input shaft, but then the shifter will move forward and with the bastardized setup (swapped input shaft's) that I am already doing puts the shifter in the correct location.

Dave, do you still have the bell that you got for 4runner, or already gone? If you still have it, a depth measurement would be excellent if you could get one from it. I know that the 1uz bell is roughly 6 3/32" or roughly about 155mm.