1UR-FSE - alternative injectors

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

jdanielca

I posted in the fuel system forum but I have not gotten any response, so lets try here maybe more eyes:

Hi guys I have a Lexus LS460L 2007 the car came with injectors model number 23209-39155-B0
https://www.lexuspartsnow.com/parts...ter=()&Location=fuel-injection-system,,23250E
which are mark black. Checking on a parts site like lexuspartsnow.com shows that the the same part comes in mark yellow, brown, green, yellow.

1. So my first question, what do the different mark colours mean?
2. I assume that all the injectors mark colours have to match?
3. And I also assume that I can change all of them to a different mark colour if I want to? but that brings me to my first question.
4. I was told that parts numbers 23250-31020 and 23209-39055 are compatible with the car they are listed online for the GS. Can someone please clarify?
5. If they do fit then why does Toyota/Lexus have 3 freaking different part numbers?

thanks guys !

We have a lot of expertise here for the older 1UZ models, but not the newer 1UR's. That's probably why your thread didn't get much traction.

1. Normally the different colors indicate different flow capacities, or different nozzle configurations, etc.
2. Yes
3. Yes, but within reason - OEM ECU's can probably handle plus or minus 10% different flows.

Denso injectors are notoriously hard to get good specs on, so the only way you'll know for sure is to purchase some samples and send them to a trusted injector cleaner/service facility and have them flow tested. But at $255 a pop, that's some expensive testing.....

Hi thanks for your response. I do not have the time to buy injectors.. test them etc I am not located in the US.. if they do testing where I am it would probably not cost much money. But the issue here is time. So I am looking for specific information as to whether 23209-39055 cab be substituted for
23209-39155. The car is sitting there, the only place I can find these alternative injectors is the US and shipping etc so you get the idea.

The funny thing is with my car there are mark brown, yellow, green etc and black which is what I have on my car. So why the different mark colours being all applicable for one vin and one vehicle? And the injector drivers have only one version and part number. So its not like its matched to the injector drivers. So even for the actual part that fits the car 23209-39155, if you change it to mark brown for example.. all of them, does the car then just adapt? which is what I find confusing here.

Wish I/we could give you some guidance, but again, we're mainly a 1UZ & 2UZ forum, and shoot, we struggle with getting good info on well known, conventional style injectors made by Denso.

Maybe one of the pro's like Gloverman has had some experience with the UR motors and can comment, but anything the rest of us would say is probably just conjecture.

A lot of on-line type website suppliers dont have the abilty to pin point exact parts. The proper toyota system generally has more info to ensure the correct parts. I see it when im comparing numbers through my genuine online ordering system which i have access to for NZ vehicles. I wouldn't be too keen to swap between those part numbers without proper info on the differences. When in doubt i use the exact part number. The last digit doesnt matter but rest can be important.

A lot of on-line type website suppliers dont have the abilty to pin point exact parts. The proper toyota system generally has more info to ensure the correct parts. I see it when im comparing numbers through my genuine online ordering system which i have access to for NZ vehicles. I wouldn't be too keen to swap between those part numbers without proper info on the differences. When in doubt i use the exact part number. The last digit doesnt matter but rest can be important.

Thanks for the info I don’t suppose you would be able to check for my vehicle? I don’t know if aus has a diff engine spec for my car I doubt so though only Euro and uae type places had access to a different engine.

Thanks for the info I don’t suppose you would be able to check for my vehicle? I don’t know if aus has a diff engine spec for my car I doubt so though only Euro and uae type places had access to a different engine.

What I’m looking for is what they can interchange part numbers they probably won’t give people easy access to that information though.

For example I know the ls600hl uses the same official injectors as mine but these look exactly the same but have different part numbers

https://www.amazon.com/Re-Manufactu...ZDYA8O&qid=1553474978&s=merchant-items&sr=1-5

My access is workshop level not dealer level and requires an NZ registration plate number to be most accurate. I can do chassis numbers and vin numbers for some but not all come up unfortunately. Ive played the what can I swap and different part numbers and have now got a list of 1uz parts I can interchange. I often give toyota over here part numbers and they no longer ask where I found them. Some of these numbers I can't find on my Genuine toyota access but the dealers have much better info , and no they aren't good at sharing.

My access is workshop level not dealer level and requires an NZ registration plate number to be most accurate. I can do chassis numbers and vin numbers for some but not all come up unfortunately. Ive played the what can I swap and different part numbers and have now got a list of 1uz parts I can interchange. I often give toyota over here part numbers and they no longer ask where I found them. Some of these numbers I can't find on my Genuine toyota access but the dealers have much better info , and no they aren't good at sharing.

Gloverman ill try and pm you