03/04 Cobra Supercharger for 1UZFE

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
I personally think the 03/04 Cobra supercharger upgrade kit from Whipple is a dream come true. The kit is about $3,200 and the configuration, size and power potential is perfect for any street application.

The Whipple twin screw is the most effecient of all superchargers and its nicely pack under the hood. This kit is designed to work with the factory twin bore throttle body. It includes supercharger, supercharger inlet, manifold adapter plate. This simple bolt on will increase rear wheel horsepower by 85 and rear wheel torque by 50 ft./lbs

Check out these pictures and imagine its under your 1uzfe hood. All you need is a Bullet manifold.

WHILE OTHERS MAKE CLAIMS, WHIPPLE DELIVERS

If your craving more power from your Cobra Terminator, Whipple has the answer. Get the industries most efficient and latest designed twin-screw supercharger available today. The new Whipple-Ford Racing system can produce incredible power levels with stock 4.6L Cobra engines as well as highly modified engines. The revolutionary new W140ax compressor has the ability to run nearly 25lbs of boost (engine modifications required) for unheralded performance.

This direct bolt-on replacement system dramatically lowers supercharger air temperatures and power consumption (hp) versus the factory Eaton roots-type supercharger. The complete bolt-on system comes with all the necessary parts for 13lbs of boost which requires zero modifications to the engine or PCM. The Whipple-Ford Racing system is available in two styles, one for the factory throttle body and one for aftermarket throttle bodies such as Billet Flow’s and Accufabs.

Other companies make false claims and inaccurate judgments regarding supercharger efficiency and kits. It’s a simple fact that the Whipple Supercharger produces more air per rpm at lower temps and lower parasitic losses. The factory engine can run up to 17psi on pump gas while modified engines can run up to 25psi.

The Whipple-Ford Racing Cobra kit not only offers a better supercharger, but the potential to have one of the fastest, most powerful street machines on the road today. The Whipple discharge plate offers far more plenum area as well as a much greater radius to help distribute the air evenly over the entire intercooler core. Whipple’s air bypass system was also properly engineered into the SC discharge for proper function unlike other systems. This allows lower discharge temps and less parasitic losses during operation. Don’t fall for the misleading advertising, there is simply no comparison in quality and performance.

Whipple Features:

Direct bolt on replacement.
CAD designed air inlet and SC discharge for maximum air flow.
Available for stock throttle body or larger mouth mono blade (Accufab, Billetflow).
More power, cooler charge temp, less power consumption/parasitic loss than stock Eaton.
Up to 95% efficiency.
Over 80hp gain at 13psi.
Best $$ value bolt on. More power than headers, cam, throttle body, MAF meter, chip and filter COMBINED.
No "boost drop off" (stock Eaton is 13 psi @ 4000 and only 10.5 psi @ 6000).
No "boost lag" as with centrifugals and turbos.
Boost range 8 - 25 psi.
No need for separate oil reservoir system or “catch can”.
Billet oversized bypass valve for decreased operating temps and decreased parasitic losses.
Internally lubricated. No tapping holes in pan required.
Factory fit and finish.
Available polished or black satin.
*Stock fuel system and factory PCM is ok for 13psi on stock engines
*Engines with boost levels above 13psi will require custom PCM calibration.

So if i buy this kit all i would need is a bullet manifold and it will bolt right on my sc400?? if that is confirmed..were can i get a bullet manifold, bc i would love to try this set up..

Lextreme said:
I personally think the 03/04 Cobra supercharger upgrade kit from Whipple is a dream come true. The kit is about $3,200 and the configuration, size and power potential is perfect for any street application.

The Whipple twin screw is the most effecient of all superchargers and its nicely pack under the hood. This kit is designed to work with the factory twin bore throttle body. It includes supercharger, supercharger inlet, manifold adapter plate. This simple bolt on will increase rear wheel horsepower by 85 and rear wheel torque by 50 ft./lbs

Check out these pictures and imagine its under your 1uzfe hood. All you need is a Bullet manifold.

WHILE OTHERS MAKE CLAIMS, WHIPPLE DELIVERS

If your craving more power from your Cobra Terminator, Whipple has the answer. Get the industries most efficient and latest designed twin-screw supercharger available today. The new Whipple-Ford Racing system can produce incredible power levels with stock 4.6L Cobra engines as well as highly modified engines. The revolutionary new W140ax compressor has the ability to run nearly 25lbs of boost (engine modifications required) for unheralded performance.

This direct bolt-on replacement system dramatically lowers supercharger air temperatures and power consumption (hp) versus the factory Eaton roots-type supercharger. The complete bolt-on system comes with all the necessary parts for 13lbs of boost which requires zero modifications to the engine or PCM. The Whipple-Ford Racing system is available in two styles, one for the factory throttle body and one for aftermarket throttle bodies such as Billet Flow’s and Accufabs.

Other companies make false claims and inaccurate judgments regarding supercharger efficiency and kits. It’s a simple fact that the Whipple Supercharger produces more air per rpm at lower temps and lower parasitic losses. The factory engine can run up to 17psi on pump gas while modified engines can run up to 25psi.

The Whipple-Ford Racing Cobra kit not only offers a better supercharger, but the potential to have one of the fastest, most powerful street machines on the road today. The Whipple discharge plate offers far more plenum area as well as a much greater radius to help distribute the air evenly over the entire intercooler core. Whipple’s air bypass system was also properly engineered into the SC discharge for proper function unlike other systems. This allows lower discharge temps and less parasitic losses during operation. Don’t fall for the misleading advertising, there is simply no comparison in quality and performance.

Whipple Features:

Direct bolt on replacement.
CAD designed air inlet and SC discharge for maximum air flow.
Available for stock throttle body or larger mouth mono blade (Accufab, Billetflow).
More power, cooler charge temp, less power consumption/parasitic loss than stock Eaton.
Up to 95% efficiency.
Over 80hp gain at 13psi.
Best $$ value bolt on. More power than headers, cam, throttle body, MAF meter, chip and filter COMBINED.
No "boost drop off" (stock Eaton is 13 psi @ 4000 and only 10.5 psi @ 6000).
No "boost lag" as with centrifugals and turbos.
Boost range 8 - 25 psi.
No need for separate oil reservoir system or “catch can”.
Billet oversized bypass valve for decreased operating temps and decreased parasitic losses.
Internally lubricated. No tapping holes in pan required.
Factory fit and finish.
Available polished or black satin.
*Stock fuel system and factory PCM is ok for 13psi on stock engines
*Engines with boost levels above 13psi will require custom PCM calibration.

Attachments

• 1UZ-FE Block - 9.jpg
    1UZ-FE Block - 9.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 72
  • 1UZ-FE Block - 13.jpg
    1UZ-FE Block - 13.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 28
  • Head Gasket 2.jpg
    Head Gasket 2.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 21
  • Pistons 1.jpg
    Pistons 1.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 25
  • Head 14.jpg
    Head 14.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 24
But why stop there?

The cobra comes with around 390hp (slightly conservative, dyno proven) with a .6 liter advantage on the 1uz motors. So with a stock pulley who knows how much this supercharger could get you to, maybe 350-400? Who knows.

But try getting one of those exact superchargers. You won't see many 03-04 cobras in the junkyard and there aren't so many that replacement parts are going to be cheep.

In my mind if you're gonna make a kit why not use a better supercharger? The main obstical that wipple has overcome is manifold adaptment correct? I don't know if the cobra supercharger uses the same lower bolt patter/gasket as the kennebell superchargers, but if they did you could just order the kit minus the supercharger and go with the kennebell unit

http://www.kennebell.net/superchargers/ford/cobra03/cobra03.htm

If the are different (wich might be possible, but the kennebell unit is designed for the 03/04 cobra, and the wippie solves the other side of the battle.

It just seems logical to me. Why use the cobra unit when anyone out there making power with the cobra motor is using the kennebell unit? Although it should also be noted that the cobra motor will easily get into the 500hp range with very minimal upgrades.

Cobra pull-off's are usually available on eBay for $500 or so. That's the simple reason why people are putting them on instead of buying $3000 to $4000 Whipples (Lysholm) or Kenne Bells (Opcon-Autorotor).

For low boost (low pressure ratios) the efficiency lost to heat isn't that high, so the Cobra (Roots) chargers work well.

Where the screw chargers really pull away from the Roots blowers are for higher boost applications, however if you're doing high boost, why not consider turbocharging?

turbochargers aren't always best for the application. I love them for street use becuase they tend to get better MPG on the lower RPM range. But in road racing with high HP numbers turbos tend to have a concave power curve instead of a liniar or convex power curve wich makes the car less predictable. This obviouslty isn't an issue if you're running lower boost pressures but we're talking about beyond the limits of the cobra/eaton roots blower (so 15psi and up).

Centrifugal has been known to have power much like a turbo that's very peaky, again I don't see this as being very good other than having a high hp well mannered car or for all out drag racing.

I'm not saying you guys are wrong, not at all. I was just thinking that something like the kennebell would me more suited to more people's high hp needs in the 1uz.

My choice is the Opcon as it gives all the advantages of the Eaton with the top end power like a turbo.

I plan to start with 18lb and then move up to 25lb.

I've got an Opcon 222 kit being prepped at the moment by Richwood Technologies.