Search results

1. 91_4x4runner

Head bolts

Where is the best place to get head bolts for the 1UZ from? I don't need anything special. Just OEM quality would do fine. This isn't going to be a race motor or anything, just a daily beater. What is the expected cost on the bolts? Thanks, Eric.
  2. 91_4x4runner

Components for manual conversion

I'm starting with a 1991 4Runner with a 3VZ-E and R150F transmission and swapping to a 1UZ-FE with an R150F transmission. I sent an email to Dellow Automotive in regards to my swap and they sent me a list of parts and prices of items required for the swap. Their list includes: Bellhousing...
  3. 91_4x4runner

Opening the trunk

Had the bad fortune of a family member shutting the trunk on my SC400 after I had pulled out the lock cylinder. Can someone give me a pointer on getting it back open? Thanks, Eric.
  4. 91_4x4runner

Average Gas Mileage

As the title states, what is your average? Please include details on modifications (Turbo's or SC's, exhaust, etc.) I'm trying to get an estimate of what I'll net with my 78 280Z swap. Having trouble deciding how large to make my fuel cell for efficiency/weight. I just want to get around 250...
  5. 91_4x4runner

1UZ into a 74 Celica

I know it's been done a few times into similar cars. I was curious on fitment issues that were encountered with the UZ in the engine bay? Is there going to be room for a semi-large turbo later? Any radiator/fan issues with this particular swap? Does anyone have any completed conversion pictures...