Search results

1. D

T66 second opinions welcome.

I'm ordering parts for putting in the R154 sitting on my garage floor. Shopping around, picking up a few little tidbits, and I stumble across a Garret T66 for $400. .70A/r compressor, .81A/r T4 exhaust. From what I can gather, this fits my needs pretty well. 1uz R154 3.91 LSD rear...
  2. D

Standalone ECU 1uz timing maps

I'm running a Megasquirt MS3/3.57, and its performing great. I have several stages of plans, so needs are going to change. I'd like to get people to post their timing settings for whatever tune they have, regardless of ECU. If you have had good luck with it, post it up and help create a...
  3. D

Standalone ECU Megasquirt info for 1uz

Instead of help, I thought I would offer some. I put the 1uz/A340 from a 92 SC400 into my 95 Nissan pickup. Ran it this way for about 2 months, and the stock ECU started running funny. Ground issues, dropping one coil, no read out on CEL. Things just started piling up. With future upgrades...
  4. D

Twin CT26's.

I just happen to have two CT26s' from Supra 7M-GTE's laying around. My intent was to run a single Precision 6262. I've not found a good compressor map for the CT26, and I can't find much info for anyone who's done the swap. About 350-400 rwhp is all I'm after. At the moment, it is 100%...
  5. D

Name this part

I'm having a few small cold running issues, and while inspecting, I noticed this leaking some black tar like material. Can anyone name what it is, or it's purpose?
  6. D

one coil off on cold start

Last two cold starts, my engine is starting on the lower coil only. After about 75 seconds, the other coil kicks in, and every thing is fine. I've switched ignitors with no change. Installed a new coil, no change. 92 sc400, and auto. Driven about 2000 miles before this started...
  7. D

Very early 1-2 shift

Have a 1uz and A341E from a 92 SC400. Swapped into a Nissan pickup. If I get on the throttle hard, the 1-2 shift happens at an "expected" time. But, and part throttle, like taking off in traffic, the 1-2 shift happens at about 5mph. If I step hard on the throttle after the 1-2 shift, it...
  8. D

Sluggish performance.

Just took my swap for a test drive last night. 1uz (40/40/40) with A341E that I pulled from a junk yard last week from a 92 SC400. Unfortunately, there were no signs of serious accident on the vehicle, so why it was relinquished to a junk yard, I do not know. It was delivered to the yard...