Search results

1. D

Soarer Fuel pump Controller (FPC) Replacement.

Hey Guys, I'm Making some Fuel Pump ECU replacements. It works with the standard Engine ECU and should be a direct replacement for the factory FPC. I have tested it with a UZZ31 ECU. It has the OEM connector, and is rated for at 20A. Version 1.0 is just On or Off, no two speed pump control...
  2. D

ECU Repairers

I'm looking for someone to repair / Service my UZZ31 Soarer ECU. I'm in Sydney (ish). Would be good to have a list of places that can do them properly. What experiences have you guys had with ECU repair places? Who uses the correct spec caps and who will just use Jaycar Caps? Cheers
  3. D

Link Ecu

Just few questions about the link plug-in TS2JZX ECUs Has anyone used one? First up, will it run a 1UZ? The specs suggest it will with anything up to COP and full Sequential injection. Does the Link TS2JZX Plug in fit a Soarer/SC400 ecu case? Is there much repinning the ECU plugs needed to make...
  4. D

TDCL Data

Im playing with an arduino getting the data off the TDCL of a 92 soarer. i've found a bit of info here: file:///E:/Users/Owner/Downloads/OBD-I%20protocol%20description.PDF and here: https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=343492.0 Can anyone with a proper scan tool tell me what data they can...
  5. D

Soarer Cat Temp Sensor

On a 92 Soarer, Do the cat temp sensors do anything to the ECU? ( I have an Aus import UZZ31, I didnt think to get too much info before i scrapped the half cut) On my loom can see they go to the check connector CC0 and CC2 pins, and i assume the dash. ( its been a while since i attacked my...
  6. D

Buy that man a beer

Hey guys, It seems that whenever someone has a question there is a couple of people that always turn up with an answer. Sideshow and Gloverman are the first to spring to mind. These guys do this stuff for work and they drop in here to help us out with our hobby. If they have helped you with a...
  7. D

SC400 ECU wiring for conversion

Hi guys, Couple of questions about ecu wiring for a manual conversion. Its a 92 SC400 motor in a LH torana. 1. Is the Neutral start switch needed? Will the engine start ok with it removed? 2. Does the ecu need a gear signal (L or D) to drive properly. 3. Is STP required? Does it do anything for...
  8. D

Vacuum Banjo bolt thread

Anyone know what the thread is for the vacuum banjo bolt? I put mine somewhere "safe" and cant find it. Going to get a new one.
  9. D

Wanted W58 Shifter Housing

Hi, I'm after a w58 shifter housing and shaft. the 20.5" one Anyone got a spare in a blown box? Cheers
  10. D

Workshop manual

HI Guys, Found this https://cardiagn.com/lexus-sc300-sc400-1991-1992-1993-1994-1995-1996-1997-1998-1999-2000-service-repair-manual-pdf/ Might be helpful.
  11. D

EFI main relay stayin on

The efi relay is staying on after i turn the engine off. im sure the ign switches are turning off properly. can anyone help?
  12. D

plumbing q's

couple of quick pluming questions. where does the hose on the front of the plenum, (above the idle solinoid) go to? where does the little water hose from the pump/thermostat housing go to? where do the hoses on the charcole canister go? Thanks guys.
  13. D

wiring vs commodore Tacho

Heres a tricky one. i have wired the tacho output from the igniter to a vs commodore tacho. It works, kind of. the needle moves, but i think it is expecting 3 pulse per revolution. what signal does the 1uz igniter put out? I would think 2/rev? The ic in the tacho is a ITT 3003-393, but i...
  14. D

Running fuel pump without fuel pump computer

hi guys, i have hooked up my fuel pump using a relay driven by the fpc wire from the ecu Its a solid state relay that will activate with an input of 3-32V. the engine will start and idle for a few seconds, then start to die, then pickup, then die... Anyone have any ideas what the DI and...
  15. D

Engine vacuum lines

Can anyone give me a diagrame of where all the vac lines go. pulled the engine apart and didnt make notes. thanks guys.
  16. D

Help needed! wiring ECU

Hi guys, Ive started wiring the 1u into my torana, using the uzz31 loom, fuse boxes, etc. I think i bit off a bit more than i can chew. I tryed chewing like hell, not working. The only thing i want to keep, apart from the ecu, is the cruise control. if possible. I have the wiring diagrames...
  17. D

H pipe dual exhaust

hi guys, im up to building the cat back side of my exaust for my torana conversion. with the space available im stuck with using either a straight dual or H-pipe design. im using slightly moded uzz31 headers and aftermarket cats (any sugestions?) The engine is stock. does anyone have any...
  18. D

Dash wiring

Does anyone have a wiring diagramme for a uzz-31 digital dash? pin diagramme would do. Thx
  19. D

W58 electronic speedo

Im doing a conversion with a sc400 (uzz-31) engine/computer and w58 gbox. (2931 stamped on box, if that helps) and 3.5:1 diff and 15-16" wheels i need an electronic speedo sensor. Can anyone tell me what sensor i need (part no. would be great.) Thanks boys.
  20. D

Retune stock ECU

Does anyone know if the stock ecu maps can be retuned? if so is there any one in sydney that is doing it?