Search results

1. U

SAF-C ii Problems.

Hi, I have been trying to install a SAFC ii on my 1uz. All the wiring has been done and looks ok, but I get a weird screen when I power up. It comes up with a full white screen then goes into what looks like a diagnostic page. Has anyone else had a problem similar to this, or does anyone...
  2. U

Still have a slight problem.

I still have a problem where MREL won't stay on for the delay after engine shutdown, and not resetting the ISCV properly. It has got me stumped. Here is the diagram that I used, can anyone see anything wrong with it??
  3. U

Odd problem with start relay in Surf

I have an odd problem (well I think I do). I have disconnected the original sirf starter relay and am wiring in a new one for the 1uz. Now the problem that I have is that with the black wire disconnected from the relay and from the plug at the ign switch I am getting a constant 12v when the key...
  4. U

Oil Pickup modifications.

Hi, I need to make a new oil pump pickup tube for my conversion. I have seen some around, but can't find any piccys of them. What I would like to know is do I have to use a steel or stainless tube or can I go with a copper one. Bracing would be needed for either one, but copper would be...
  5. U

Hilux A340 to Lexus Output shaft conversion

I am at that stage in my conversion to start working on the auto. What I would like to know is, is there any benefit to replacing the Lexus auto output shaft with the Hilux one, or is it easier to just cut the shaft to the length and go with that?? Cheers, Brad.
  6. U

Help with 1uz year ID

I have purchased a 1uz halfcut for my transplant into a surf, but after reading through many pages of info, I am a bit confused. According to the VIN search of UZS141 - 0009019 it comes up as a Dec 91 model. It has a Crown badge on the bonnet/hood and was told it was a majesta. The things...
  7. U

Will these headders fit a 1UZ??

They say that these will fit the 4.7L V8 Tundra, which I assume is the 2uz or 3uz. Will they fit a 1uz...