Recent content by 91_4x4runner

1. 91_4x4runner

Tundra & LandCruiser Owners - It's Midnight, do you know where your ECU is?

Is that the AEM EMS (universal) or one of the plug and play modules? I think a new SC400 harness is going to cost you way more money than its worth in *possible* time saving. I think I remember a new SC400 engine harness being around $400 or so, but I'm just guessing at what I saw once...
  2. 91_4x4runner

The SC400 ECU is located under a panel at the passenger's feet (on the floorboard) and IIRC comes through on the passenger side of the firewall. How in-depth is your rewiring going to be? What kind of ECU are you going to use to control the engine? I assume you're looking for full integration...
  3. 91_4x4runner

According to this FSM: http://www.ncttora.com/fsm/00-03-Tundra/00-03_Tundra_FSM.pdf The ECM is located behind the glove box. Sorry for the delayed reply, I figured someone that had one would post up. Sorry if my information is incorrect.
  4. 91_4x4runner

DUI help Los Angeles!

Blood Alcohol Content test. It's a breathalyzer. .08% is the limit for driving in most states in the US. DUI's are incredibly expensive fines in the US usually with community service/classes involved. It's probably cheaper to pay for a lawyer than to chance being over .08. Your car gets...
  5. 91_4x4runner

ZR1, Porcshe, GTR, Ferrari motortrend race..

The ZR1 costs 100K stock @ 640hp with RWD @ 3300 lbs The Z06 costs ~70K stock @ 505hp with RWD @ 3200 lbs The GTR costs ~80K stock @ 470hp with AWD @ 3800+ lbs Two completely different types of power... They (read: not qualified) say 100lbs is worth 10HP, giving both Vette's some pretty...
  6. 91_4x4runner

ZR1, Porcshe, GTR, Ferrari motortrend race..

I'm a big Porsche fan, but if it came down to buying a $100,000+ PRODUCTION car, I'd go American (else, Ultima GTR). The engine alone is a work of art... Dry sump oiling, supercharged, the works... Then lets look at Nissan's transmission just tearing gears to shreds after using the launch...
  7. 91_4x4runner

Australian Gun Law

Take a step back from what you just said. You're asserting that the people who LEGALLY possess a concealed weapon are more likely to pull it than some asshole "pulling his '9 to rob somebody". What do you think the ratio of people defending themselves with a weapon to people robbing with a...
  8. 91_4x4runner

Australian Gun Law

Say you want, but I'll be a law-abiding Texan and US citizen until they try to take away one of the few fundamental rights we have left. It isn't owning the firearm thats the problem. It's people who aren't educated enough to own one. People who claim that their gun "just went off" while they...
  9. 91_4x4runner

Obama

Look bud, our hasn't had any drops in oil from our occupation of Iraq. Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither will the government of Iraq. Just to give you an idea of our oil imports, the top 3 are Canada, Mexico, and Saudi Arabia. None of them are at war with us, nor do we occupy them.
  10. 91_4x4runner

Obama

Those people didn't just go for the will of Bush. They went to defend their country against all threats, foreign and domestic. They went to establish the first true democracy in the region and take a dictator out of power. Keep in mind that many men and women enlisted AFTER the conflict was...
  11. 91_4x4runner

Obama

I guess they can't really blame the man anymore, can they? Poor and unnecessary joke, I know... It's all good. This is still the greatest country on God's green Earth. Let's just work hard to make it better.
  12. 91_4x4runner

Obama

It is kind of hard to believe that Bush got so much crap for choppy speaking at the end of his second term, but this guy was able to butcher the oath so badly... Let's see how he does at the end of his first... Regardless, I don't like political factions. As long as the nation becomes stronger...
  13. 91_4x4runner

Project Thread Corona

Just remember that there is an immense amount of work to be done on that car. Good luck on finding that pane of glass just for starters... Hypothetically, lets say you bought it. First, you decide it needs the 1UZ. Fine.. Then you say, well, it would benefit from paint, rims, brakes...
  14. 91_4x4runner

Embarasing Story

Well, you heard their engine revving... and you heard it pass you by. Did it sound stock? The number of people driving not-stock cars is getting bigger by the day.
  15. 91_4x4runner

Embarasing Story

So now you're gonna go super sleeper but have a GT42 under the hood and 25lbs of boost right? Better throw a better transmission in while you're at it. All in all though, its just a race. Go lighter, get more power and smoke em.