1UZFE custom intake flanges

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

autronic

I have SolidWorks drawings of the 1UZFE intake flange, but I'm having problems getting somebody to
machine parts here in Norway. Does anybody out there have access to a CNC mill or know anybody that can
get something like this made ?

All the measurements are checked, I have had 5 mm thick "prototype" aluminium plates water cut to check
the bolt patteren holding it to the head, positioning of the injectors, port positioning and clearances towards
the front and rear water bridges.

One prototype must be made first and tested on a head to make certain it is fine, after that I need 3 pairs
( 6 pieces ) and if other members on the forum is interested more can ( hopefully ) be made.

The 2 pictures is of "universal" flange to build a custom intake from, it will be made from an aluminium plate
( 472 mm long and 65 mm wide ) and minimum 30 mm thick.

The far right and left holes is 2 holes predrilled in the plate to fasten it to the mill.

Finally, I have drawings for both japanese style injectors and european style, japanese style shown.

I also have drawings of an 1UZFE intake for the 20v 4AG throttle bodies if anybody is interested.
Again they are "made" as simple as possible so the intake ports will need some hand finishing.

These flanges will need an bigger aluminium piece, 472 mm long by 75 mm wide and 70 mm thick.

I have also 90 % finished drawings of intake flanges for throttle bodies from Extrudabody and
an intake using Hayabusa ITB's.

Ok, the drawings for 1UZFE to Hayabusa ITB's and 1UZFE to Extrudabody ITB's are ready.

The custom 1UZFE intake to Hayabusa ITB's first. This is a drawing that have not been tested as a finished intake,
the measurements for 1UZFE bolt placement, port placement and injector placements have been tested for the
1UZFE custom flange above.

The placement and shape of the Hayabusa ITB is correct, I have 4 of the throttle bodies. The throttle bodies is
fastened to the intake by short 56mm ( inner dia ) hoses.

As on the custom flange above, the bolt holes to the far left and right have to be predrilled to fasten it to a mill.

The size of the aluminium piece needed for one intake is 75mm x 55mm x 466mm. It is possible to reduce the
55mm height to 50mm if it's easier to get hold of 50mm thick aluminium.

Both japanese and european injector style drawings is available, japanese style is shown.

I also have drawings of an air horn for the hayabusa ITB's. The air horn is meant to be bolted to a 5mm
plate, the bottom of an air box. It's held onto the Hayabusa ITB by a 55mm ( inner dia ) hose.

And then the 1UZFE to Extrudabody ITB's.

As I have stated before, this is a drawing that have not been tested as a finished intake, the measurements for
1UZFE bolt placement, port placement and injector placements have been tested for the 1UZFE custom flange
above.

The measuremets for the Extrudabody ITB's is from the web site, it says the bolt pattern to fasten the ITB's
are 4 pcs 6mm bolts evenly spaced on a 63mm circle. The inside hole is 45mm.

As on the custom flange above, the bolt holes to the far left and right have to be predrilled to fasten it to a mill.

The size of the aluminium piece needed for one intake is 79mm x 55mm x 466mm. It is possible to reduce the
55mm height to 50mm if it's easier to get hold of 50mm thick aluminium.

Both japanese and european injector style drawings is available, japanese style is shown.

After the intake is machined, 33mm must be chopped of both ends. This must be done to be able to bolt it in
place as the ends will interfere with the front and rear water crossover pipes.

The piece that must be removed is outlined.

Nice work Autronic!

I "stumbled" upon a nice little CNC machine shop recently, and the owner said he'd be happy to do small special jobs in between his bread & butter work, which is oilfield (drilling) tools. One of his machines is a very nice 5 axis type, so I would think these inlet manifolds wouldn't be too difficult for it to knock out?

As I have a spare 1UZ head that can be used for mockup, and around two dozen GXSR thottle bodies that are looking for a project, I just bought some 2"x2" 6061 and was going to have a play with it. It might be fun to have a go with your drawings, and if the fitup is OK, I can then send them on to you.

I'll PM you my email, but unfortunately I won't be back in Houston for another 3-4 weeks, so I can't get anything done for you before mid-August.

I'm going to try and get these files into G-code. If anyone else can do that, and happens to get it done, please lmk.

A few points:

To anybody that have one of the drawings, make sure you have a drawing with "v4.0" at the end before you
start doing anything with them, the earlier versions are not accurate when it comes to the height between the
injectors, the intake port and the bolts holding it to the 1UZFE head + some other issues.
If you don't have the correct version, please contact me.

I have talked to the guy I usually use when I make parts ( he's ill at the moment ) and he had a quick look
at the drawings. He said that the easiest way to make these is using a round aluminium piece in a machine
center ( lathe with 3,4,5 axis milling possibilities ).

Finally, I have been asked for flanges/intakes to suit the 1UZFE VVTi, 2UZ and 3UZ engines. I do not have one
of these engines, but I can make drawings if somebody is willing to tell me what the bolt pattern on the head
is and how big and where the intake ports are situated.

Yeah VVTi would be sweet.

I spoke with the machinist....he's just bought his own 3 axis CNC as getting access to the work one was getting difficult for clearly non work jobs. It won't be set up for a few weeks yet though.

One more drawing, 1UZFE to Jaguar supercharger. The Jaguar supercharger uses a Eaton M112 and 2 water
to air charge coolers. What this looks like you can look at here ( early ) and here (late ).

Then I have the following early 1UZFE intake drawings:

- 1UZFE universal intake flange

- 1UZFE to 4AG 20v ITB's

- 1UZFE to Suzuki Hayabusa ITB's

- 1UZFE to Extrudabody ITB's

- 1UZFE to Jenvey ITB's

- 1UZFE to Jaguar supercharger

All drawings can be had with japanese or european style injectors, except for the 1UZFE to Jaguar supercharger,
that one is for european "pico" size injectors only.

Last edited by a moderator: