95 SC400 eng/trac/brake light on/off

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

reyrey

Ok heres my :censored: prob:turn on car, idles good for about 5-10 secs then rpms begin to drop down and go up no higher than 1000rpms and will continue until it stalls. cel and trac light come on once this begins:madfawk: . sometimes it will just stall. ok...turn back on and take off, give it some gas up until maybe about 1500-2000 rpm and cel & trac go away:nervous: . dosent matter how fast you go and what rpms u r at but once you let go of gas, and it begins to decelerate lights come back on. it wont act funny once moving tho. most times while stopped at a stop sign/red light rpm's start getting crazy again and thats usually when the "replace brake lights" light comes on as well. problem just started in december. i have replaced the pcv valve & grommet and it got a lil better for a day or so but started right up again:pat: . anyone have a solution to this, please help. Thanx...Peace

i have a very similar problem going on with my LS400

the tracOFF and CEL will come on while moving and when it dips down below 10-15mph it will shut itself off

last night it happened twice and it took 3-5 cranks (kept stalling) before it would stay on.

so you think it may be the alternator going nuts? or the ECU is now dying.

Ok, i looked at my alternator and it seems to have some power steering fliud on it...so i just bought some CRC electric cleaner to see if that will help. letcha know if it does the job...also my pass. side head light burned thru the plastic...could that be a sign of it being the alternator....?

my Aristo is doing a similar thing.....

ABS and TRAC lights have been coming on and off at random...

I have now charger the battery, and I think the problem may have gone away...

so, maybe its a common problem with toyota ecu's, when the battery voltage gets too low, strange things happen :p

edit: my problem seems to be gone :)

It won't help much if the pump is still leaking, and I doubt the headlight is a symptom of anything other than someone putting in bulbs that run way too hot
Ok, i looked at my alternator and it seems to have some power steering fliud on it...so i just bought some CRC electric cleaner to see if that will help. letcha know if it does the job...also my pass. side head light burned thru the plastic...could that be a sign of it being the alternator....?

turns out it was my mufu**ing maf sensor. i replaced it and all my problems went away. when it gets real cold, 32 & below theyll flash like they want to come back on. once the car warms up it stops. i never realized how much a bad maf can wreak havoc on the sc.

do something about the power steering pump ASAP my god, it caused me a huge ammount of stress, and it's a simple problem