Will A Crown Ecu And Ect Run A Soarer Motor And Box?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

dwhe009

Gidday all,

I am looking at putting a 1uzfe and auto box into a 90' to 95' 2wd hilux ute.
I have spent much time searching through this forum ( thanks very much for all the great help you regulars) and it seems the best thing to get is the crown half cut and find a rear sump. However, i'm in Auckland, NZ and its much easier to find soarers than crowns...

I want to run the standard computers and auto, then later on convert the auto to a tiptronic type system.

Can I buy a soarer engine and box, buy a seperate crown ecu and ect and wire them up? Has anyone done this?

Its just so annoying as the imports just try to put stuff together for me, but i want to make sure it will work

Thanks very much for any help.

This will be an expensive way to go.

You will need the Crown loom and ECU to do this and they won't come cheap or easily.

Why not use the Soarer ECu and just fool it to think the trans is still connected? Cheap, effective and it's all as per the factory.

Changing looms is not as easy as it sounds. You need to pull the inlet manifold to do it and not all the plugs and clips will survive the swap.

i will be swapping my crown ecu,s for a soarer type in the next few weeks so i will let you know, i have a feeling that trans sensors are diff but all else seems ok, crown ecu is needed for another project

Here are the differences.

Crown VSV is at front of plenum, Soarer is at rear.
Crown runs 220cc injectors, Soarer runs 250cc.
Crown knock sensors are different plug to Soarer.
I think the Crown o2 sensors are different plug to Soarer

Crown box has output yoke, Soarer has 3 pronged yoke.
Crown speed sensor screws into pass side, Soarer bolts onto drivers side
Crown SP1 sensor has different bolt spacing to Soarer SP1 sensor (you need to use Crown sensor with Crown ECT)
Rest of box is identical

I *think* this is all the differences.

I know all this because I am running a Crown motor and autobox on a Soarer ECU.
Luckily I had a Celsior motor that I could steal the different sensors off.
Celsior sensors are the same as Soarer as far as I can tell.

cheers, its just that the wiring diagrams for lexus and soarers have been not working on this site for a while. I only have have crown wiring diagrams and most people have used these for there conversions.

Can people please give me advice/resources for when i go to the wreckers/imports?

They all tell lies, and i would really like ecu/transmission/engine part no.s to check that i get the write gear, first off.

Cheers

if u cant trust the importers or wreckers then find a place that knows what theyre talkin bout

or buy a front cut

which country are u from

best advice is dont buy things seperately even if it turns out to be cheaper it can turn bad in the end

best is find what 1uz will fit better

front sump rear sump wide exhaust short exhaust

all these might change what 1uz u get

some are easier to fit mechanically but harder to wire up

others are harder to fit mechanically but easier to wire up

cheers,

i'm in NZ, in auckland.
Need a rear sump motor for hilux so soarer motor is the go...

Just dont want to be trapped with wrong ecu when i want to go two turbos after a while and need to run a apex or something.

And also dont want the soft slow shifts...

It would be so much easier for people offering free advice if you would change you profile to show where you were from.

Advice will vary from country to country so please help us help you.

hey,
i've got a 1uzfe in a surf..running a factory ecu,starts and runs fine up to 2000rpm, and then starts missing and won't rev out. tried unpluging afm runs worse,cleaned injectors,runs good fuel presure and has new plugs.. can anyone help? cheers

wasit recently wired up
has it ever run good

what box r u running
1uz or surf

they are tricky to wire up in a surf depending whch way u go
so i wolud go over the wiring

sounds like its in limp- mode