Eaton TVS

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Toyota have fitted one of these to the Australian TRD Aurion 3.5lt v6 giving 241 kw 400nm.

The M90 was dumped in the design phase due to requireing an intercooler the TVS did not need an intercooler for the required power gains.

Design work for the Aurion was done by Harrop.

Great supercharger!

The main problem with roots style blowers is blowback. This is what happens each time a rotor tip passes into the outlet port. The air trapped by the rotor in the housing is at atmospheric pressure (actually less) and as it is exposed to the outlet port it is also exposed to the boost pressure present in the intake manifold. This pressure "blows back" into the volume of air in the rotor section and the blower housing. This "working" of the air heats it and lowers its adiabatic efficiency and is a large reason why roots style blowers generally have poor efficiency. Another is the turbulence at the inlet particularly with a top inlet design case.

More rotors makes each rotor volume smaller for a given displacement and that reduces the effect of blowback. 3 rotors is better than 2 and 4 better than 3 (the TVS is 4 rotor vs 3 for the M series)

The tighter the "twist" of the rotors the smaller the cross section exposed at the outlet port which smooths the pressure transition reducing the backflow shock.

The 160 degree twist makes a larger inlet "window" which increases volumetric efficiency.

The claimed efficiency of over 70% combined with the near instant boost available from all RPMs and no compression heating during engine vacuum operation (which occurs on twin screw compressors) makes for an outstanding street supercharger... I WANT ONE!

Just found the following technical link if anyone wants more detail.

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/specs/c6/2009/zr1/blower.html

64268.jpg

The 2009 ZR1 Corvette uses the 2300cc Eaton TVS on its engine which is code named the LS9. It is rated at 638hp. Here is an article that includes a dyno chart (doesnt let me link) comparing it to the Dodge Viper 8.4 liter V10 rated at 604hp. Notice the MONSTER torque curve of the LS9. Also notice that it is rated at 630hp at 6200rpm and the engineers actually give us the exhaust back pressure at 69.3 kPa (kilopascals) which is right about 10psi... some EASY gains to be made with higher flow exhaust.

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/specs/c6/2009/zr1/ruthless_pursuit1.html

Thought it would generate some interest. AU $2,650 from Harrop.
How does this compare to a twin screw price?

I was actually down at Bullet last week asking a few questions about their HTV1900 kit as I will hopefully be purchasing this setup to use on my 1UZ Hilux sometime very soon. :)

Anyways, the guy I deal with their was saying they done some back to back testing on a Chrysler 6.1L Hemi. They compared one of the HTV blowers (not sure which size) against a Whipple twin screw of the same capacity, running the same boost pressure, just a straight swap over, nothing else changed, and he said the HTV outflowed the Whipple and made another 40hp.

It is a great step forward in the innovations of the roots type chargers that's for sure, real competition for the twin screws.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 149
I was actually down at Bullet last week asking a few questions about their HTV1900 kit as I will hopefully be purchasing this setup to use on my 1UZ Hilux sometime very soon. :)

Anyways, the guy I deal with their was saying they done some back to back testing on a Chrysler 6.1L Hemi. They compared one of the HTV blowers (not sure which size) against a Whipple twin screw of the same capacity, running the same boost pressure, just a straight swap over, nothing else changed, and he said the HTV outflowed the Whipple and made another 40hp.

It is a great step forward in the innovations of the roots type chargers that's for sure, real competition for the twin screws.

WOW... so they claim that a TVS outperforms a screw of the same capacity!!! Hard to believe. Need more data. Did someone say GREAT supercharger ;)

WOW... so they claim that a TVS outperforms a screw of the same capacity!!! Hard to believe. Need more data. Did someone say GREAT supercharger ;)

Yes they are indeed some great pieces of equipment. Here is a link to another thread discussing the same superchargers. The owner of the soarer being fitted with the HTV1900 through Bullet also comments on their findings about these superchargers outflowing the Whipples and also says he has seen the data of there findings.
http://soarercentral.com/sc-forum/messages/121829/271874.html?1233482031

Thanks Tuf.

For those that missed it I posted a cool video of the TVS construction in animation.

Here are some pics from Tuf's link.

DSCN24181.jpg

DSCN24171.jpg

The HTV1900 (Eaton TVS) supercharger has now been fitted to my car. Check out the link above to my forced induction project to see the end tuned results. Goes without saying, definitely worth the money for anyone who is interested in one.