Hiace van up and running

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

gloverman

About two weeks ago I fired up my motor - ECU needed programing from the beginning with the base numbers being way off. With that sorted now have it running good except for the idle speed control which I am working on. Here are some pictures
A 1uz solves alot of problems that vans have with lack of power. Had two motorbikes in on the weekend and on the open road didn't change out of top gear. I will be changing the diff ratio(and installing an LSD) to reduce revs at 100km/h, want to hook up the A/C and then tune it so the economy is as good as the old 2.4 petrol.
I have a customer who wants one as well so I just picked up another rear sump motor for that job. For the rest of the build up see here

http://lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4798

Have to say,well done,i would love one of those for sure..,was it very difficult?Any thing/Tips to look out for ant "tradsmen: looking to do one of these?
Would love too see that..give the man a 'cough'..coopers..heheheh

Difficult is a relative term. We did a VG30det into a D21 navara - it was harder than that and we are doing a VG30dett into a S13 silvia - it was easier than that. I always seem to go overboard.
It could be quite simply by mounting the motor lower, using a small hiace manual gearbox or keeping with the lexus auto, crown logs or medium soarer headers fit nicely and the standard single radiator would be up to the job. Standard management or a simple aftermarket would have simplified things too but all the extra work is worth it. It will be better when the A/c gets connected. I hardly need the heater now.
It is an awesome work van - only problem is everyone wants drive it.
Cheers

Guts said:
Thats mad, I love it.
Wounder if I can convince my boss that my work van needs a new motor?
That's actually a model of sanity next to my mate who just put a supercharger on his 1UZ Hiace :bigeyes: Apart from a cheap set of mags it looks totally stock, the sleeper from hell.

Nice work on that one tho gloverman :veryhappy

Cheers
Clint

Attachments

• HPIM0123.JPG
    HPIM0123.JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 22
fugly said:
What sort of supercharger could you possibly fit in a hiace on a 1UZ? motor on it's own looks tight enough.
One off a GM V6, he milled down the stock intake & welded a very slim plenum on top to bolt the blower to. It all fits under the seat, just. I'll put up some pics sometime.

Cheers
Clint

G'day Gloverman love your work!
I am fitting a V6 ecotec to my Hiace (Yep, it not a 1UZ as my 'P' plate son has to drive it as well for work and V8 is a no-no word for P's in NSW). What did you use for an air filter? Stock Hiace or just fit a pod in the hole were the stock filter can fits? I do dirt roads a bit so clean air is critical, I am looking at modding the stock setup to breath better.

I am jealous, mine is a Commuter used for bike transport/ racing, so a 1UZ would have been sleeper and unreal on trips! The V6 will have do though.

Thanks and congrats on a top job!
Freddy

nice work boys, i got hiace with 3.8 v6 vp motor an turbo 700, a been to much hassle to keep manual was told the hiace boxes didnt stand up to it so i fitted a bm race shifter, but yeh lexus v8 would that be better on fuel, an can these motors run on gas an petrol, like duel set up

Most of our conversions look factory. We like them that way. I prepared another motor for a hiace tonight. Did full cambelt job and swapped rear sump onto it. Will be wired tomorrow and customer will collect and fit. We have already fitted the hiace conversion mounts to the motor. Cheers

Sounds like you guys pay attention to detail, rare to find nowadays in our profession.

So do you sell mount kits and ancillaries for the swap aswell? I'm in the UK and will be sourcing a doner LS400 for the job you see. Also you mention the rear sump, do you mean a different sump has to be fitted to clear the subframe?

Thanks.

Chris

Yes rear sump is required. We have supplied parts for 6 hiace this year. With two being full bolt in packages. We always use rear sump in the position you see in this thread. I normally have most parts in stock but getting a bit low at the moment as we have just sold heaps. We are also working on one conversion a month ourselves. Cheers

so, any maintenance on the engine will pretty much require the whole thing to be removed then?

sparkplugs for example... timing belt, etc etc...

no - all spark plugs can be accessed from the top no problem. There is reasonable room in the front but unsure if cambelt could be done in place due to removing alternator and powersteer. Cambelt was done when installed. I think a main radiator leak would require motor out or it might be easier to drop the steering. Things just take a but longer but that is no issue. Cheers