Carbon Buildup

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

turbosix

i do, lol

carbon01.jpg

carbon02.jpg

carbon03.jpg

carbon04.jpg

:slaphappy

poking around before pulling everything off to get to the starter

edit: grr, stupid host!

Start using seafoam.
Seafoam / water injection own carbon, very, very well.

Block1.jpg

(cough and ditch any EGR system you have if you don't ahve emessions LoL! Doesn't Lextreme sell an EGR plate & such for the UZ's?)

If the intake looks like that, you're loosing some velocity through the entire intake. Not to mention your pistons are going to look atleast as bad as mine originally did on this v6.

Engine-Heads.jpg

Nasty.

egr stays.. we have emissions in dallas.. i wanted something that passes with no effort so i bought this thing from my grandparents. the buick is the fun car ;)

been using seafoam for years just not on this car.. yet

Toysrme said:
Then why not disable the EGR valve until it's needed for emessions testing. :)
no way of disabling the egr through the computer.. a block off plate is not the entire solution... if you just use a plate, the computer will still expect the EGR, fueling will not be correct

You will but it is much, much slower to build-up in the intake. However, the combustion chambers will still suffer from it over time. (Obviously)

i would be more worried about the combustion chambers than the intake. but both should still be clean. what is seafoam anyway? a cleaning product?

Seafoam, when your out surfing or sailing and you see that foamy stuff floating on top of the ocean that is sea foam..You scoop some up in your hands then run/swim to your car and throw it on your engine and in just a few seconds the entire engine internals and externals are shinny new...You can even throw some on the paint, it removes oxidation, and even takes the dings out too...etc..:006:

Just kidding and being a jokester. Anaema, being that you are a long time forum warrior I am suprised you have not heard of seafoam...It's simply a cleaning product that you inject into the combustion chambers while runing and it cleans up and removes the carbon buildup...It is sucked up threw your brake booster line...Gotta change the spark plugs after...

Got Seafoam?

Jibby you shouldn't have to change the plugs. I've yet to encounter having to do it. You can also use it to flush the crankcase, and you can put it in the gas if you want.

Toys you turned me onto this Seafoaming stuff, thank you....However, lots of SC and soarer owners have had to change out their plugs after a serious sension of seafoaming...They say the plugs can get fouled during the cleaning process...

The carbon being removed from the combustion chambers can get into the spark plug gaps and cause havoc from what I have read.. However, you should know best, but that is what I have been reading about seafoaming on the CL forum.....Plugs get worked over pretty good in some cases...

ive heard of seafoam, i just never bothered to find out what it was. how well does it work on gasoline?

anybody have a link to those seafoam products?

My LS400 needs a good engine flush and carbon cleanup + tune-up. there's some vibrations when idling and gas consumption is not as good as my SC400 (I'm doing 12-13L/100km on highway)

Also, anybody can tell me where i can find a cheap set of new caps/rotors ? lexus OEM must cost a LOT of money!

Thx guys.

Jibby. I would assume the plugs were almost fouled to begin with. Noone else in the whole of Toyota community I frequent has ever really reported it being an issue? Who knows.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seafoam, when your out surfing or sailing and you see that foamy stuff floating on top of the ocean that is sea foam..You scoop some up in your hands then run/swim to your car and throw it on your engine and in just a few seconds the entire engine internals and externals are shinny new...You can even throw some on the paint, it removes oxidation, and even takes the dings out too...etc..:006:

Just kidding and being a jokester. Anaema, being that you are a long time forum warrior I am suprised you have not heard of seafoam...It's simply a cleaning product that you inject into the combustion chambers while runing and it cleans up and removes the carbon buildup...It is sucked up threw your brake booster line...Gotta change the spark plugs after...

Got Seafoam?

I've just used Seafoam for the 1st time, and I don't know what people are referring to about the plugs. I use iridium plugs and they work fine after the Seafoam treatment, and they should because if the plugs are in good shape, it will blast away any carbon debri from the Seaform quite easily, especially if you take it for a nice drive afterwards. I also believe its not necessary to rev the engine after putting it in the intake. Letting it soak for 30 mins and driving it normally for about 30 mins will do the job. Also, putting it in the gas tank finishes the job quite nicely. I also believe its not necessary to drain the oil after putting in the Seafoam, otherwise it will not do what its supposed to do, it won't hurt the oil or engine, especially if you're using 100% synthetic oil, which I hope everybody does. Your thoughts?

LS400GUY