fuel filter

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
AHhhh, I see the problem....

How about pinching the fuel line prior to the filter? It is a rubber fuel hose right? Such as using a pair of vise grips and cloth material to protect the hose... Clamp down on the vise grips and crimp the fuel line until the work is finished... Or even use a C clamp for the crimping...That should work right?

AHhhh, I see the problem....

How about pinching the fuel line prior to the filter? It is a rubber fuel hose right? Such as using a pair of vise grips and cloth material to protect the hose... Clamp down on the vise grips and crimp the fuel line until the work is finished... Or even use a C clamp for the crimping...That should work right?

no... its a metal fuel line...

after undoing the nuts about half a turn, the petrol started flowing nicely,

10 turns later, and a litre of fuel everywhere, and the line was undone...

anyway!!! maybe the petrol shouldn't just keep flowing like this, but it DID!!!

I have done this and it worked fine for many years. Cut the tubing with a tubing cutter. Go out and buy High pressure fuel hose. Buy compression fittings to go on the cut ends of the gas line, also you will need barbed fittings to go on the new filter and the compression fittings that you have installed on the fuel line. Loop the hose to the filter and mount the filter with a new hose clamp around it. Use hose clamps for the hose to the barbed fittings. This is how I replaced the filter on my old 90 LS. The guy that owns it still says no leaks that was 5 years ago.
Ha. On a previous car (though with a similar stupid fuel line design) - my old Avalon - I cracked the fitting on the bottom loose, and it binded (bound?) up somehow and I ended up stripping it. Long story short, I ended up putting a brass compression bushing and some kind of approximate equivalent of the old fitting (found at NAPA) on the line. Teflon taped it, clamped it down, started the car. Leaked. Clamped it down a little tighter and started the car. Slight leak. So I clamped it a little harder and put some JB weld around the area and started the car - no leak! Dangerous though..? It's held up fine to this day. :hypnotized:

Metal fuel lines, well that puts a monkey wrench in my crimping idea....... OK, Grab the bucket and live with it, let the fuel run down your arm...Get high off the gas fumes and before you know it the job will be done...:684:

And Don't forget, there's NO SMOKING! :no:

Attachments

• 1UZ 003 (Medium).jpg
    1UZ 003 (Medium).jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 1UZ 004 (Medium).jpg
    1UZ 004 (Medium).jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 1UZ 006 (Medium).jpg
    1UZ 006 (Medium).jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 1UZ 007 (Medium).jpg
    1UZ 007 (Medium).jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 1
Yeah no smoking, no sparks, because you don't want to become a human fireball once the gas has dripped all over you...

I got it, ok, remove the gas cap and have the tank near empty, drop a hose down into the gas tank and suck quickly and release... Let the siphoning begin, fill the remaining gas into a gas cans til there is no more gas in the full tank....Shouldn't take but a few minutes... I use to steel gas when I was a kid...(only a couple of times).. I needed gas for my go-carts and mini-bikes...:006: