Fuel Filter and PCV valve replacement

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Just out of curiousity, what else can I do to help my car run better/quicker?

I've already changed the plugs, oil and filter, Air Filter, and bought the PCV and fuel filter and will replace these as soon as this damn FL weather stops raining! I'm kinda on a tight budget this go around but just wondering if there is any good cheap mods to do.

I've already decided to do the BFI but I want to know where I can get that great looking ABS plastic piece to cover the top of the intake box. I've been to Home Depot and to Lowe's but neither place has anything like I'm looking for. I want it to match the plastic cover that is on the radiator so it looks completely stock. Any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
HELP!!! How am I supposed to change my fuel filter?! I tried pulling the line off but am I supposed to cap off the lines or bleed them or anything like that?! I need help fast fellas, come through for me!

The SC400 fuel filter is under the rear seat on (your) drivers side.

It's best to get the fuel tank as empty as possible as once you crack the union open the fuel leaks out. As it evaporates it locks the thread in the partly open position. The fuel keeps trickling out and you can't tightn or loosen the union.

Starts with a near empty tank and the problem will be reduced.

Unfortunately there isn't any rubber hose between the tank and filter that would allow you to clamp it off.

Just accept you'll get fuel all over yourself. I suspect Dealers freeze the line to stop the fuel leak.

Thanks Zuffen! Now I tried it on Saturday evening right after I had posted my last frantic help questions and had to give up. I was unable to even budge one side of the filter. The side closest to the rear of the car was not even budging while the opposite side came off with little force. I couldn't even get it to turn at all. I am going to try again tomorrow after I get off work with a friend who has a few tools I didn't have Saturday. Any thoughts on how I can get that side off or loose?

I've only done it once onan SC400 and yes the uniuons were done up by a gorrila.

Whoever Toyota employed to do them up was an out of work Sumo wrestler.

I ended up using the correct pipe spanners with lengths of pipe slipped over them fo leverage. A shifter will never work on the unions.