2007 Lexus is250 won’t start

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

CSimpson1969

I replaced my battery this past weekend, drove it twice and no issue. Went to start it last night and only interior lights come on and door light on dash. The battery reads 12.5, alternator and belt are good. Not sure what this could be. Tried to research online which was very hard to come by the same issue. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciate.

Charles

Why did you replace the battery this past weekend? I'm guessing that whatever prompted you to replace the battery is the real issue here.

Why did you replace the battery this past weekend? I'm guessing that whatever prompted you to replace the battery is the real issue here.
The battery was from 2017 which in Florida that’s pretty good life. The battery wouldn’t keep a charge and I had to keep on jumping it. That’s when I checked the alternator and belt Which were fine.

If the battery has sufficient charge the problem is downstream from the battery.

Start checking voltages and continuity from the battery posts to the cables, then move to the other end of the cables and work your way to the starter motor.

Have you tried shorting out the starter solenoid to see if it will crank? if it cranks it suggests a there isn't power going to the solenoid. Try using a jumper wire onto the solenoid terminal to see if it cranks.

It's a simple problem that you need to work through in a logical manner until you find the problem.

If the battery has sufficient charge the problem is downstream from the battery.

Start checking voltages and continuity from the battery posts to the cables, then move to the other end of the cables and work your way to the starter motor.

Have you tried shorting out the starter solenoid to see if it will crank? if it cranks it suggests a there isn't power going to the solenoid. Try using a jumper wire onto the solenoid terminal to see if it cranks.

It's a simple problem that you need to work through in a logical manner until you find the problem.
Zuffen, thanks! Right : all the above I’ve tried, still working through it. No luck yet

OK.

When you turn the key to the start position what does it do? What sounds does it make?

If there isn't any click (the starter solenoid operating) it's either a faulty switch, the relay between the switch and the starter or the solenoid.

To separate them try running a lead from the positive battery terminal (the hot one) and touch the other end on the small terminal on the starter motor solenoid.

The solenoid will have 3 cables. 2 big ones that carry the starter current and one smaller one that supplies power to the solenoid to make the starter crank. What you are doing is by-passing all the wiring from the battery to the starter. If it cranks over you know you have a problem between the battery and the starter.

That isn't so bad as now you work from the starter back to see where the power isn't getting through. Go from the starter to any relay that operates it (there will be one) if this is clicking when the key is turned the problem is between there and the starter. If it clicks you need to check there is permanent power at the relay.

If there's power at the relay I would next look at the ignition switch and see if is providing power out when the key is turned.

If the starter didn't turn the car over I would suspect a crook starter or the solenoid and I think you would be better of getting an auto electrician to look at it.

No power at all to dashboard, so it’s definitely a power issue. Battery reading 12.5 , lights,horn and security system works but no power to the CPU. When I hit start no light on the dash come on accept the door open light. I switched out the key fob and the battery in it hoping it was a chip issue which I have heard of, but didn’t help.

OK.

When you turn the key to the start position what does it do? What sounds does it make?

If there isn't any click (the starter solenoid operating) it's either a faulty switch, the relay between the switch and the starter or the solenoid.

To separate them try running a lead from the positive battery terminal (the hot one) and touch the other end on the small terminal on the starter motor solenoid.

The solenoid will have 3 cables. 2 big ones that carry the starter current and one smaller one that supplies power to the solenoid to make the starter crank. What you are doing is by-passing all the wiring from the battery to the starter. If it cranks over you know you have a problem between the battery and the starter.

That isn't so bad as now you work from the starter back to see where the power isn't getting through. Go from the starter to any relay that operates it (there will be one) if this is clicking when the key is turned the problem is between there and the starter. If it clicks you need to check there is permanent power at the relay.

If there's power at the relay I would next look at the ignition switch and see if is providing power out when the key is turned.

If the starter didn't turn the car over I would suspect a crook starter or the solenoid and I think you would be better of getting an auto electrician to look at it.
The doors open from the key fob, interior lights come on and only light on the dash is the red doors open is on. When I press start is does nothing at all, as if there is no power. (( Usually )) the CPU does a diagnostic and the dash lights up, but again it does nothing at all