Rx7 fc T2 1uz swap

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Timsfc

Hi guys I’m totally new to this forum stuff thought I’d give it a try, I have an RX7 fc had it for 10 years now, an recently blown rotary, I want to do a 1uz swap and was wondering if anyone on here could help me out, I know pcm makes the adapter plates for rx8 but does anyone know if that will fit with my transmission ? Or should I swap a rx8 tranny in my FC ? Or know any other way to get a adapter plate for my mine instead of making one ? Also what I need to get the 1uz to run after I have it all in? Any help would be super appreciated thanks

Having done a heap of engine swaps I think you would find it more economical to have the rotor rebuilt as any rotor powered RX7 is worth may more than a piston version, and swaps always cost more than you budget for.

I don't see any real benefit in the swap. Perhaps a bit of fuel economy at the expense of the cool rev-ability of the rotor.

I've had rotor cars on and off for 40+ years and they still suck me in.

Thanks zuffen my plan was to make a drift car, not sure if the T2 had enough power, to be honest my engine was pulled out years ago because my cousin told me he would give me a 1uz he had sitting around an even help me do the swap. The car was then sent to his house then I got the run around he didn’t have time for it , his wife wasn’t happy with the car there so he said to me take it back or oh an I have a friend that wants to buy it ! Hahaha I laughed and took my car back and now that I haven’t marked anything on the harness and I am missing parts, parts are just scattered all over my garage nothing was marked I neglected the RX7 for years after that. Because my mind was set on building a v8 drift car sounded fun. But now I know nothing about engine swapping this is why I am on this forum. But also wanting to build my rotary back up on the side. I just don’t know what direction to go atm

Whilst the 1UZ will fit they are a big wide engine.

If I wanted to make a drift car out of it I would use an LS1/2/3 as they are cheap in the States, smaller, lighter, more powerful and cheaper to get more power from than a 1UZ.

I know it doesn't make sense on this Forum to say all that but the cost of an LS swap compared to a 1UZ swap is about the same.

I think the 1UZ is a great engine in the right vehicle and excellent in a cruiser but for outright grunt they are showing their age.

If I wanted to make a drift car out of it I would use an LS1/2/3 as they are cheap in the States, smaller, lighter, more powerful and cheaper to get more power from than a 1UZ.

I know it doesn't make sense on this Forum to say all that but the cost of an LS swap compared to a 1UZ swap is about the same.

I think the 1UZ is a great engine in the right vehicle and excellent in a cruiser but for outright grunt they are showing their age.

The Ls1/2/3 are like 3 or 4 times as much though I still want to build up the rotary on the side for something or maybe even put it back in one day but for now I’m looking for my cheapest route an stay jap

Here's a reality check for you. You have a car in bits and by the sound of things it has been that way for years. You have dreams of doing an engine swap to build a drift car and yet you tell us that you don't have the expertise or ability to do the job. You probably don't even have the facility to work on the car or the tools for the job and you want to do it on the cheap. That sound to me like a project that will never happen. You would be better off selling what you have, then buy a car that is already close to what you want. Then make small changes along the way and learn from mistakes. Good luck.

The purchase of an engine and transmission is usually the cheap part of an engine swap.

By the time you get into engine mounts, radiators, bellhousings, drive shafts and wiring you've burned through a bunch of funds. Especially if you pay to have it done.

People forget all sorts of minor things that add thousands to engine swaps. Just think of what it will take to make the speedo work or the clutch. if you can se a way to do it you're ahead of the game.

Here's a reality check for you. You have a car in bits and by the sound of things it has been that way for years. You have dreams of doing an engine swap to build a drift car and yet you tell us that you don't have the expertise or ability to do the job. You probably don't even have the facility to work on the car or the tools for the job and you want to do it on the cheap. That sound to me like a project that will never happen. You would be better off selling what you have, then buy a car that is already close to what you want. Then make small changes along the way and learn from mistakes. Good luck.
Thanks Ivan but selling is not an option,

Good for you. Old popular cars only seem to gain in value. If only I had the money and sense to have kept some of the cars I had when I was younger.
Any update on your project progress?
I have the heads off mine due to a coolant leak from the head gasket.
Oh what a pain.. some engine swaps can be.