Will these headders fit a 1UZ??

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Since I had to angle one of my header pipes around the steering shaft I simply had to change both output tubes to 2.5" and use regular 2.5" flanges. I'm sure my engine will be thanking me for letting it breath better. They look a LOT better now.

Chop Chop:
tacoma_1uzinstall_69.jpg

Weld Weld:
tacoma_1uzinstall_68.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN1920.JPG
    DSCN1920.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 321
  • DSCN1921.JPG
    DSCN1921.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 322
  • DSCN1919.JPG
    DSCN1919.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 323
Looks much like how I did mine. I also found the left o2 sensor fouls on the chassis, so I relocated it onto the side of the pipe.

Have you got a pic of your primary mod (to clear shaft)? That bit was done on mine already, badly.

The header pic just above our two posts here show the final mods I have done to my drivers side to clear the steering shaft properly. This is all I had to do on that side. The passenger side was nearly perfect but of course I had to cut after the collector to widen it with a 2.5" instead of 2.25" like I did on the drivers side. I also angled it down a little earlier just to make it proportional to the drivers side.

The o2 bungs are on the bottom which I was under the impression that a little higher than 90 degrees to the side was optimal. I'll be reading up on the documentation of my Innovate Motorsports Wideband o2 system that I'm using. That will give me the final word on where to mount them. As you can see in my pic I have a couple bungs to put in if I need. Then I would just cap off the ones that came in the header already.

The header pic just above our two posts here show the final mods I have done to my drivers side to clear the steering shaft properly. This is all I had to do on that side. The passenger side was nearly perfect but of course I had to cut after the collector to widen it with a 2.5" instead of 2.25" like I did on the drivers side. I also angled it down a little earlier just to make it proportional to the drivers side.

The o2 bungs are on the bottom which I was under the impression that a little higher than 90 degrees to the side was optimal. I'll be reading up on the documentation of my Innovate Motorsports Wideband o2 system that I'm using. That will give me the final word on where to mount them. As you can see in my pic I have a couple bungs to put in if I need. Then I would just cap off the ones that came in the header already.

Looking good mate, can not wait to get my ones now, they should be here next week :)

I bolted mine to the engine today and test fitted in the engine bay, and guess what, they don't fit. The left side o2 sensor hits the torsion bar, and the flanges are bit out of line. Looks as I have 2 options, 1 - Modify the headers to fit (cut and re-weld) or 2 - Put in a 2" body lift and re-do the engine mounts (This has the advantage that I don't have to cut the lug off the relay rod) and move the o2 port around a bit so it doesn't foul on the torsion bar.

What would the experts recommend??

With the 2" BL my only problem was that o2 sensor. I ended up changing the flanges anyway though because they were forever leaking.

What did your delivered cost end up being again mate? (goes to read thread again now lol)

Also, how'd you go with the steering shaft? The furthest primary should foul on it, or does it fit under with no body lift?

With the 2" BL my only problem was that o2 sensor. I ended up changing the flanges anyway though because they were forever leaking.

What did your delivered cost end up being again mate? (goes to read thread again now lol)

Also, how'd you go with the steering shaft? The furthest primary should foul on it, or does it fit under with no body lift?

Landed cost was about $300, had to open out the bolt holes on one side because they didn't line up properly. The front runner misses the steering shaft cover by about 10mm, i may put some heat bandage in that area.

I will probably mod them, change the 3 bolt flange to a 2 bolt flange, will also save a bit of space. Should still come out in front. I was quoted by one bloke up here about $1000 a side to custom make a set to fit.

Wow $1,000 for a set of custom headers for your vehicle is cheap. As long as they are good quality I would have paid him. A professional or experienced person around here is twice that.

Attachments

• DSCF8083.jpg
    DSCF8083.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCF8085.jpg
    DSCF8085.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 15
  • DSCF8089.jpg
    DSCF8089.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCF8109.jpg
    DSCF8109.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCF8102.jpg
    DSCF8102.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCF8108.jpg
    DSCF8108.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCF8096.jpg
    DSCF8096.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 12
Since I had to angle one of my header pipes around the steering shaft I simply had to change both output tubes to 2.5" and use regular 2.5" flanges. I'm sure my engine will be thanking me for letting it breath better. They look a LOT better now.

Again, nice to see creativity but the 2.25" would have given more low end torque and power and I would be surprised if the 2.5" makes more top end than the 2.25 would have.

Keep us posted. It would be nice to have a direct comparison.

I always recommend the smallest pipe that will support the peak power. In some cases giving up a couple of HP peak is more than worth it to gain low and mid range and doing so can actually make a vehicle faster.

Smaller pipe is also lighter and easier to route.

Also guys, check the main flanges are flush, mine were like bananas.

Someone here also suggested cutting the flanges to make 4 individual sections for a better seal. I did that the other day but I've almost wrecked them now I think. The modded primary on my drivers side moved almost the thickness of the flange. So the manifold studs have to try pull the rest down to seal :(

But yeah, $300 is cheap. The Aus guy that sells them asks double that with a modified primary. From which the primary on mine has leaked from day dot.

update-- just bought a set of xspower headers off ebay for $80. Im sure they are the same cheapos mentioned here. How can you go wrong at that price? going into an 87 SA 4runner so modding not a concern. I'll give an update when i get my **s in gear

I bought a set of these for my 240sx project. Unfortunately I could not get them to fit since I didn't want to hack them up, but they are actually very good quality for their price. I have them collecting dust right now. If anyone may need them let me know. I'll let them go for dirt cheap. Thanks.

think i am going to do this for my gs 400 missed out on jba headers by 2 bucks man i am pissed they were going to be 75 bucks so mad i missed that deal. but i am definitly going this route soon i dont think cutting the collectors off is that much work great start at least...