Will these headders fit a 1UZ??

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Just search for Tundra headers in ebay US. Make sure they're the early 2000 model ones. There's a heap for near $100

Just by the cheaper ones. I'm sure they are the same mfg. or at least same quality. I bought some and they are awesome. I was very surprised by the high quality of welding and the flange is much better than the average header flange. Here are mine on the drivers side of my Tacoma. This is before my engine is bolted to the transmission bellhousing since I'm waiting on my adapter plate (hoping to have by the wknd). I just put the engine approximately where I thought it should be and the headers look like they were made to fit in my engine bay. I have a 2.something body lift I made and they collar of the steering shaft might hit the header when it spins maybe. No matter since I'm extending the steering shaft today with a flex joint to get rid of the cheesy adapter I made when I lifted the body. These headers are awesome for the price. The flange would cost 120+ alone.

tacoma_1uzinstall_22.jpg

Not sure if they fit an SC though. But they are so cheap that someone needs to try. :reporter: This is the best I can do for ya. Not an SC but you can see the profile of the headers in relation to the engine.

tacoma_1uzinstall_05.jpg

tacoma_1uzinstall_13.jpg

Why will they fit a truck and not a car ? I take it its the height of the pipes at the rear, interfering with the bulk head ?

Im in the process of a MK4 supra conversion with a 1uz in it - and these maybe the headers i need. Do you know if anyone has tried that at all ?

Yeah I think (don't own one) that the SC/LS need the pipes to swoop down a lot more. With these types the flanges will probably be sitting in the footwells hehe....

The trouble I had with mine is getting a good seal on the exhaust flanges. They're a 3" 3 bolt size flange with a 2" hole. I ended up (yesterday!) giving up and cutting the flanges off, extending the main section down further and changing to regular 2.25" flanges...

Guys... these have been tried multiple times. They DO NOT FIT any Lexus car. You could possibly substantially cut and reweld several pipes and the collector but that would be quite an undertaking. These fit the TRUCKS ONLY.

Quoting myself to "remind" those that are not paying attention.

I have just got i set of them headers of Ebay!! i should have them soon, they should work well with my setup, as i will be turning them round so they face the front of the engine bay so i can then add exter pipe work and then fit my Turbo..

Quoting myself to "remind" those that are not paying attention.

so you have tryed every car out there have you, if you ask me they are a good base to work of for the price, if you have to mod them to make them fit so be it, its got to be alot less $$$$ doing that than geting someone to make aset for you.

Yup they are definitely worth the $$ just for some material to work with and your flanges will be made already! I almost bought 2 pairs in case I wanted to build a turbo header later on. Great deal.

1uz_headers_07.jpg

so you have tryed every car out there have you, if you ask me they are a good base to work of for the price, if you have to mod them to make them fit so be it, its got to be alot less $$$$ doing that than geting someone to make aset for you.

You are making the SAME point I have made multiple times on multiple forums.

If you have the ability to cut and reweld these you can eventually make them fit a Lexus car. Otherwise, they will not fit.

For the price the flanges alone these are worth it. Of course you will still need to cut them apart and re-engineer them. If you do this yourself and don't mind the time then you could save money. However, if you pay someone else you probably have at least an hour labor just in cutting them apart and more to clean up the parts and re-design them. At $50-100/hour labor adds up real quick. Most people do not have any idea the total cost of any such project until of course the money is spent. So, what is the goal? Each person must decide for themselves.

Member Chrisman used them reversed and modified for his twin turbo sc400 without a/c.
http://lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2377

Here is a look inside at the collector if anyone wants to see:
tacoma_1uzinstall_36.jpg

While I'm cutting mine to make them clear my Tacoma steering shaft I couldn't help changing them a bit:
tacoma_1uzinstall_45.jpg

Yeah that's huge. I changed mine just recently to 2.25" because the flange outlet was only 2" if that. Mine is now matched to the 2.25" Y section size.

:banana: Because it fits!

I was thinking I would put a baffle in the one side to match the flow of the unmodified side. But what the heck? I don't care. It will sound more burly like a larger displacement IMO. My dad up north has an original 427 Cobra Jet in a big F250 from the 70's. It sounds insanely strong and it would be interesting just to hear what this big tubing would sound like. Even if I have to go back to the smaller size I don't mind. I just remember the sound of the headers ringing as we would drive that thing everyday when I was a kid. It sounds like a dragster.

I'm actually driving around doing errands today and I'm going to have a chat with some racing friends of mine as well as a couple machine shops that do this stuff 24/7. I want to hear what they think! I'm also visiting the shop that did the massive porting out, polishing and valve job on my heads. I can't wait to hear what he has to say. I was thinking about doing an x-pipe from the 3"'s and then 2.5 straight out the back through a couple straight mufflers. I'll let you know what I decide on. :stooges:

Ok I better calm down. After talking with some friends the 2.5" flared to mate with the collector is by far the best choice. I'm chopping the other flange off as well and putting some normal sized flanges on there. But it was fun to dream of the 3" sound. It will just cost me more $$ and that's surely not cool. :34: Ok not hi-jacking here... no more posts here from me sorry.

Heh that's what we're here for mate. It probably would have been lousy to drive with those big flanges, at least we put doubt in your mind to research it ;)

If you want nutso tough sound without the raspy overrun and crackling, I reckon a 3" single system will meet your needs.

If you want raspy oldschool V8 sound (I hate!) then duals is the avenue. My opinion that is....

Ok I better calm down. After talking with some friends the 2.5" flared to mate with the collector is by far the best choice. I'm chopping the other flange off as well and putting some normal sized flanges on there. But it was fun to dream of the 3" sound. It will just cost me more $$ and that's surely not cool. :34: Ok not hi-jacking here... no more posts here from me sorry.

I think you will be happier :yup:

Hey, would you measure the primary pipe size and the outlet size? Pipe outside diameters.

The ebay add states 1.5 and 2.25"

Previously I thought they were 1.625 and 2.5"

If you dont mind... thanks.

The outlets on mine had 2.25" OD pipe diameter. I changed mine to 2.25" ID pipe to match the front Y.

When you talk about exhaust sizes JB, do people generally refer to the ID or OD?

I've made my front Y out of 2.25" ID, thinking I was going 2.25" heh....