Who Needs a Supercharger Manifold?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
If you can get the MW mixture to evaporate during the compression of the air (ie pre-compressor on a turbo setup), the compression becomes "quasi-isothermal" and almost eliminates the need for any intercooler. That is, the amount of temperature increase due to compression of the air is greatly reduced.

I'm going to experiment a bit with pre-compressor injection once I get my car shipped out here. I may have to use Isopropyl alcohol though since methanol would likely corrode many things, like the compressor housing for one...

Sorry for the crosspost, but Jordy/Joel has been in touch, and he's definitely interested in making supercharger manifolds for us. He's been covered up with his normal work the last few months, but he's back now and ready to fabricate. He's building a manifold for my 1UZ, Eaton M112 (Cobra) setup now, and can do something similar for the Whipple's, etc.

He only asks that people provide their old manifolds with an order, on an exchange basis, so that he can always have raw material to work with, and not have to comb the wrecker's yards looking for these.

With the old style manifold from my '93 motor, I'm also sending him a "new style" from my '98 VVTi motor so he can cut this up and develop something for the guys who have these later motors and/or for the 2UZ crowd.

Pricing is not set yet - Email or PM Joel (Jordys Ski Boat) for this: http://www.lextreme.com/forums/member.php?u=658

BTW, for those of us in the US, the cheapest one way freight I've found is USPS, and it's around $50 for normal parcel post (by sea and 4-6 weeks), or $100 for Air Parcel Post (10-14 days). UPS, FedEx and DHL were all 3x to 4x these prices.

John

I am new here and have greatly enjoyed reading some of the posts. I just wanted to let you guys know that Whipple does not actually make superchargers. The superchargers that are sold by Whipple are Lysholm twin screw superchargers that are manufactured by Opcon Ab in Sweden. Kenne Bell uses similar twin screw superchargers in his kits that are also manufactured by Opcon AB, but are sold under the Autorotor brand. For high performance aftermarket applications, the Autorotors will work better. Whipple also has a HUGE backorder on the Lysholms.

Andrew

I can't find anyone who actually sells autorotors in the US. Whipple is the only one I have found who sells Lysholm/Opcon in the US. Kenne Bell will not sell a Autorotor without a full kit. If anyone knows of a retailer in the US for Autorotor, I'd like to know!

Attachments

• DSCN0368.JPG
    DSCN0368.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCN0370.JPG
    DSCN0370.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 8
  • DSCN0369.JPG
    DSCN0369.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 7
  • DSCN0371.JPG
    DSCN0371.JPG