NEW LS400 OWNER NEEDS HELP!!!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

CalebLS400

Just bought a bangin ls400 1995, and starting work on it to make it a mean cruiser.
I have just finished doing the suspension and have opted to get bilstien adjustable coilovers fitted (they are working great!!) and am wanting to start work on the stereo.

First off i have no idea how to remove the dash, im sure its not hard but thought i would ask as im sure there are plenty of you that have done it without scratching everything.:laugh:

Secondly, i have an issue where occasionally the dash lights will all turn off momentarily and the steering gets really heavy, only thing that continues to operate is the stereo, is this a grounding issue, i read something about a wiring loom in the trunk, ideas anyone. Seems weird i get all of the lights turning off and the gauges drop to zero, sometimes they won't turn back on till i turn the car off and then turn it back on.

Im pretty electronically minded ( i sell electronics for a living) so would really like to fix it myself with out paying some dude just cos its a lexus..

Cheers guys

Awesome cheers for that, my cluster looks a little different from that in the pictures but i assume the theory is all the same, start from the bottom and work my way up.

So anyone on the second problem...

p.s just got my car back again from the suspension guys. It's absolutly amazing. The stock suspension is such turds compared with the coilover setup. If you need suspension in auckland, NZ, i highly recommend 'Autolign' in mt wellington.