voltage stabilizer???

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Jeez Sean, with no interior or other dampening, that must sound like you're inside a steel drum!

Hehe, I was very surprised at how solid the SC is. I have a very stiff chassis on top of this and I have zero rattles or vibrations and this system puts out 720 watts continuous, around 1500 peak, splitting to 12 speakers and so far i love it.

I will admit I am losing a decent amount of bass and clarity but I will be rhino lining the entire interior for some extra dampning. I have also unloaded 3 cans of "great stuff" expanding urethane in every hollow crevice of the car and it really does a lot considering its light weight.

Its all about compromise, and I feel like i would be working backwards if i threw the interior back in. Its either all out comfort or all out performance and I guess I had to sacrifice a bit of that "comfort" to meet my goals. I know full well if i add a subwoofer with my bare interior, it would sound like a metal trash can with a bucket of gravel thrown in for good measure hehe. Plus how am i going to hear any bass at 80mph with my catted exhaust?

hey mr spf... Well the amp is the only hardware i can improve... not worried about the radio or CD changer so if the Nak amp gives some extra grunt thats ok as the stock system is the best of any car ive ever owned.....
now the speakers... so you reckon change the 4" to 6.5" ?
Can you expand a little on that?......like what about the tweeters and sub woofer .... pardon my ignorance on the subject as i havent really looked inside the speaker cavities etc so i wouldnt know where to start when it comes to speaker upgrades..... so if you want to advise me thats great but talk to me like i'm a 5 year old !!!! :) .... I'm quite happy to do speakers...
I'm not looking for mega volume, i'm more looking for big depth, no hum or hiss
... I want it to sound like a concert hall.... it almost does that now, i just want it a bit bigger sound.... At home i have a 30WRMS 30kg valve amp with Celestion 55's.... sounds bloody beautiful...
do you know the specs on the STD Pioneer amp and the Nak amp ?
Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :)

I was about to start a long report on stereo upgrades but then I relized that when i post pics of my stereo build, it will make much more sense. Tomorrow I will be starting a new thread so keep an eye out under the interior/stereo section for my thread. i will add subtitles for added description. This forum is lacking threads under ICE, or In-car-Entertainment.

I'll be watching with ernest... just make sure you explain it like we know nothing.... tell us why your doing it... like why is a Nak or Mark Levinson system is better...
.... So thread away..... :)

Noted. I would have thrown a thread together today but i literally just finished replacing a blown uz with a another used uz. Also get this, my Clarion max685bt 7" screen burns out just as i was firinjg my car up for the first time. I'm waiting on shipping right now for my used Alpine Iva-W200 7" deck. Without ac/heater/vents/deck/intrerior... its really like driving inside a go kart. While i'm waiting on my deck, i just picked up 3 cans of aerosol bed liner to line my interior with. Its pretty solid as is but I need some kind of barrier. Both for dampning but also a heat barrier. On a 105 degree day with the windows down, salndals will stik to the metal floors from the headers being 2" under my feet. I always get asked wether or not i'm putting anything back in. i say just a psssenger seat and the door panels. I love it bare, i get 2x the foot room, twice the rear seat room as well as trunk. To my surprise, my exhaust is frighteningly silent. Yeah, silent. I only have 2 simple magnaflows, mandel pipe, x-pipe and tri y headers and its very quiet up to 3000rpm. Its the perfect match for opening up the exhaust flow as well as having a nice stereo with regard to light weight.

ha ! what laugh...... you should picked a 1998 model..... we have no such problems with insulation and the like......... In fact... how low tech... :(
the only problems i got is giving the stereo more grunt !

we have no such problems with insulation and the like......... In fact... how low tech...

its a nice interior when i bought the car biut the leather was in bad shape and the carpets smelled like a swamp. I stripped it all down to bare metal on purpose. I bought the car real cheap and i just couldt see spneidng cash on stuff that wont make me go faster hehe. I really like it tho... I like to call it the "Feral Lexus". Clean on the outside... all business on the inside.

1998 ls 400

Well.... that supports the saying.... "ya get what you pay for"......
... personally, i couldnt be bothered with what your doing.... Us motorheads here in Australia learnt long ago that there's no such thing as a cheap car....... I payed $17,000 12 months ago for mine and it was as good as new... the old guy that owned it had a full Lexus service history, never went over the speed limit, always garaged and never drove it in the rain or on a dirt road......... I got an absolute bargin !!!!!
ps: the first thing i did after putting a set of bilstein shocks was test the speed limiter..... and yes it does work.... it took a while to get there but it wouldnt exceed 250kmh..... It felt a bit 'flighty' at that speed.... maybe an front airdam and rear wing to hold it down..... you could almost feel the air under it pushing upwards.... f**k it was nice to drive at that speed..... I envy people living in Europe that have 12,500km of autobahn's with open speed limit..... YIHHHHAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hehe yeah i hear ya on that. I did 150 in my 91 LS and it was downright fightening. The car was 100% stock so it was like piloting a sail boat down white water. This is my 4th lexus. I bought it knowing that the interior would be ditched anyway and likewise with all the mission controls, etc, etc and planned to really beat this thing up on a daily basis. I spent $1300 on mine... :p L oL. Its very clean on the outside so why bother judging by its interio? The main reason it was cheap was because of a salvage title + blown trans but it has a straight frame and absolutely destroys my best friends 2008 Evolution X GSR. If he uses launch control he pulls me off the line for a single gear and then I run him down like a hawk on an an injured rabbit. On top of that all the parts that went into it in the garage so its been a very low buck build. I just havent gotten 100% used to having a weak stereo so i decided to amp up the dB level a bit :D. I used to be a stereo junkie before I dove into engine mods.

1998 ls400

Well my advice is lash out... get yourself a '98-2000 model.....
VVTi motor with variable intake length..... 290hp with beautiful 5 speed auto.... mega 4 pot callipers.... mega brakes..... mega stereo....
mega everything......
You American amaze me... you put man on the moon... fly space shuttles, which i might add I saw take off.... (STS62 ..2nd ever night time launch... it was one of the defining moments in my life..... it was like, if there was a God, he was watching and saying " Primitive, but keep trying")
.... and yet you drive round in old shit boxes UCF10-11's.....
i mean you said your self that at 150 the things all over the road.....
Jeeez louise, we stopped driving things like that in the 70's !!!!!!!!!!!
For God's sake.... move up in world......

PS: I'm seriosly looking at importing an LS460 Sport from Japan.... 380hp with 8 speed auto or paddle shift.... and thereve got about 19 speakers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and a kick arse amp....
None of this jibberish you monkey's are talking about......
It's just class all the way......

hah, i'm in college, cant afford a 100,000 USD LS460 or anything remotely new. Wish I had a UCF30 or 20 but with my budget, i'm just glad I can play with what I have. In comparison, my $1300 sc has 12 speakers pushing 760 watts RMS and the system cost me about the same as the mark levinson sytem. Even Lextreme himself drives a 92' sc that he bought for a jae dropping $300!

Also, my LS was stock when I hit 150, yes but its seen over $3000 in suspension work over 3 years and will run circles around any ucf20 or ucf30's. I just cant afford to keep both card insured and running... thats why its in a coma hehe. I tried swapping a VVti UZ but could not get a hold of the security ecu, ignition barrel and transponder key so I had to sell the engine back to Lex. I REALLY wanted that thing procharged... 500bhp at 9psi easy. Next time...

4 door guru...

How old are you ? I'm 50 going on 15 !!!!! I basically don't give a f**k about road rules and drive on the pedal every where..... I lose my licence with monotinous regularity.
So, you guys are into SC"s.... yeah i drove one but i like the 4 door for some reason.... Over here there called 'a grandfathers car' as only wealthy old guys could afford them new.. My model, the 1998 was $167,000 AUD / USD new... they, as all luxo-cruizers, Merc's, Jag's, BMW's etc all lose 10% per year until their about 10% of their origional value then they hover around that price for many years..

PS: Don't take offence to me calling yuz yanks monkeys and the like.....
Its a national sport over here..... you know, bagging out Americans.....

I'm 24, I started my lexus fever about 5 years ago. I havent lost my license, but have acquired enuf points to be within 1 stop sign citation from losing it. I have had to hold back big time for the last couple years to get them in check.

I honestly done know the main differences between the teo but i would assume that the Nak puts out more countinuous power over the pioneer. Nakamici always makes high end products. They have a sindle din cd player out currently that runs $1000 USD because of the high ends internals so I would assume more clarity as well. I have had to be the guinne pig several times with problems and with lex's prototypes but it always pays off somewhere. Pick one up from a junk yard give the swap a try. Personally if I get 20k to drop into a saloon, I want to run Mcintosh amps with pear audio interconnects (pure silver) and go all out but I need to find my stride career wide 1st. I cant wait for some headroom, funds wise.

Oh and another thing while i'm at it.... Your national debt.... Just what the f**k are yuz guys doing over there... spending money that doesn't exist..... just print more money.... give it away at zero interest...... PPHHAARRKKKK !!!!!!!!!?..... Ya gunna send the whole worlds money system into kaos... I mean what are you up to ?... 20,000,000,000,000
thats 20 trillion in debt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What the ?????????????????????

... as we say in Australia... PLEASE EXPLAIN ????????...

Oh and since I'm on a roll..... there's another saying over here....
Its to do with you monkey's f**kin around with old UCF10's
.. "You can't polish a turd"

Get a UCF21 fool's....

<Yawn> OK, can we get back to our regularly scheduled program now? Otherwise, it's thread lock time, and I don't mean with Loctite.....