required voltage

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

mahony705

required voltage at coils, ignitors etc

my 1uz will crank then die, theres spark (checked by pulling 2 plugs and earthing them out)and the injecters are pulsing (checked by pluging in a speaker and starting the motor).
the coils are in spec resistance wise and i'm trying to get my igniters into a mates car to check them.
my question is what voltages should the coils and igniters receive and what voltage do they send back to the ecu (think the igniters do this prob not the coils)
anything else i should look at ?

Last edited:
battery is flat at the mo due to trying different things. no disrespect but i wont see 13 volts or more till the motor runs and the alternator does its thing will i?
trying to work out what the prob is or if i have a stuffed ecu. I've had the ecu open and nothing appears burnt out and have tested most of it for resistance.

Is the battery fully charged?
These motors like a healthy 13+ volts to run smoothly, anything less and they splutter and die.

yip with ya on that one.
was driving it when it died, found the starter relay fuse blown so replaced it and it popped straight away.
towed it home and found a plug unplugged so plugged it back in which has fixed the fuse problem but now it wont fire but it is turning over

ok i've got the battery recharged and found that the left side dizzy isnt sending out any spark.looks like i may have tested 2 plugs from the same dizzy when i first went looking for spark. (WHOOPS). ive got 12v going into the coil but only have 4v going into the cap while cranking.
have swapped the coils side to side and no change.
Opened up the dizzy and pulled the rotor off, both were quite corroded so sanded them both and refitted.
retested and still the same, no spark.
next step i guess will be to swap the caps and rotors side to side to see if its the cap and rotor.
fingers crossed