Results of my M90 Eaton setup

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

quadcam boat

I have had my boat back on the water with the supercharger fitted for about 6 weeks now. It is a stock engine with a M90 eaten fitted at 7psi with a Jordy fabricated manifold and Autronic SMC ecu. The supercharger has made a huge difference. Before I didn't have enough power to pull 2 big skiiers out of the water comfortably, now it pops 2 skiiers out with ease. Acceleration, especially out of the hole, (from standstill up onto the plane) is absolutely amazing now. I have never got so much 'bang for my buck'!! It has picked up about 400rpm under full throttle and has heaps more power and torque throughout the whole rev range. Top speed has also increased. At this stage I haven't leaned the engine much from my initial safe settings, somewhere around 11:1 I think under full load, or advanced my timing tables, from their conservitave start up figures, so there is more power hiding in the tuning yet to come. It has gone so well, I have not bothered to tune it properly, I'm haveing too much fun skiing behind it at the moment.

Had a lane race (short course ski racing) 2 weeks ago and I was lined up against a stock 350 chev and a 383 stroker chev(warm engine- cam, headwork) and we flogged them off the line, which was fantastic because last year, I was slow out of the water and wasn't competitive in the fast and 2 skiier races. From the bank, people said we were hammering the chevs off the line but they had a tiny bit more top speed than me. I am trying some new props to get a bit more speed. Anyway had a ball especially in the last race which we had no skiiers, just a boat race and we lifted the engine cover up to get more cool air into the engine and you could hear the supercharger screaming from the bank. I don't think I stopped grinning for a week afterward. Actually came 2nd to the 383 stroker, but will try agine in 2 weeks with a bigger prop.
Anyway I'm really, really happy with it and would recomend the M90 upgrade to anyone who wants heaps more power.
cheers,
Andrew

Pictures please.... You are making us look good. Love to hear those stories. You must made them feel very bad. Shame on you lol.....

Andrew,

Are you still thinking of an M112 upgrade? This will give you the top end you want.

Great to hear it is going so well. I guess you sorted the lubrication of the front snout bearing?

This should be in the kill/killed stories section...
Anytime american iron goes down to japanese technology (Whether it is on the water or land) is a good day
Go and get the thing tuned now:)

Logan

Tried again with the bigger prop and picked up 3MPH top speed to 56MPH. Still can't quite catch the 383 stroker! He changed props also. Anyway, the setup is still going well. I can recomend the M90 setup to anyone. It really has transformed my engine into something else!
Rod, Sorted out the front bearing lubrication issue by putting a sealed bearing in the front of the snout.
Logan, I posted here because I wanted to give some feedback on the performance of the M90 (and I still havn't smoked that pesky chev...) .