Oil Jets

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I need a picture from Mr. Toy so i can see how it was installed. Right now, we just assume what would be the best position. I would not be surprise to see slightly different oil gallery for mounting the oil jets.

Good call John. I think my mind was in neutral when I did that.

Looking at the photo of the oilway there is plenty of meat in the block to tap into.

I agree with everyone about welding up the block and then machining it. A couple of reasons, 1, for threading. 2, because the looks of it, the body assembly would protrude to far into the oil galey and hinder flow. also from the looks there should be an o-ring to seal it or something and there would have to be more material to do so.

as for why toyota along with other do it and only seam to do it to Iron block and not aluminum blocks I think is one to be able to run tighter piston to wall clearances to keep the piston cooler to keep it from getting stuck un the bore being that the block will not expand as much and as fast as the piston. I know that the aluminum blocks have iron sleeves, but they are so thin and expand with the block. Second, on a turbo or any heavily abused motor, any help to keep down possible warenty claims, the better. They really have no bennifet on any motor unless it is under constant heavy loads like say a road race car, or in the 2uz because it is a truck and chances are are that it will be 1 carrying a heavy load and or 2 towing, both situations being under sustained heavy loads and hence the reason as to why they have not and show no plans for the 3UZ motor.

2uzfe

David,

I went out and drilled into the oil galley on one of my broken 2uzfe blocks and, at least on the cast iron blocks, the thickness of the block on the bottom of the oil galley is little bit over 7mm. I have some oilers coming and will install them in the 2uzfe you are assisting me with.

Wayne

David,

My 05 2uzfe oilers came in. Pics attached. Seems very easy....drill the appropriate sized hole in the right place in the undersided of the main oil galley, drill an appropriate sized hole for a bolt or screw, locktite it and you are in business. Need to figure out where the hole for into the oil galley goes, eh?
John, can you get that info? If I will post when I find out.

Wayne

Attachments

• file.JPG
    file.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 20
Wayne,

Can you take a picture of your 05 2uzfe under the engine where is shows oem oil jet position? If we can have that picture, it will solve all the guess work.

David,

I don't have an 05, I have an 03 and they didn't come with the oilers. Hoping somebody can get the specs on the mounting location. I think what I will do is temporarily install a crank, two rods and two pistons on the same journal and see where it will mount without interference and be positioned to oil the underside of the pistons. As you can see, the oilers are already pre-bent (I'm presuming in the optimum position) so it should be an easy matter of putting them where they don't have interference with the crank and rods.

Having said all this, it will help us with the 2uz but not sure how much help it will be for the 1uz folks.

Welcome back.....I will get out an e-mail explaining what is going on with the ring situation.

Wayne

Another great tech article!

I have tons of ally. boss's sitting around....looks like I should tap them and weld them into the block.

The Honda Integra Type R engine has piston squirters and I think the NSX engine has them as well. They are very useful in high compression street engines as well as turbocharged engines.

I would just weld a boss to the oil galley so that it can then be tapped for a solid mounting.

Here are the oil jets for the Cadillac North Star LC3 Engine. Directing a jet of cooling oil to the backside of the pistons are these piston oil-cooling jets. The oil flow carries the high heat of supercharged combustion
0504em_cady_19_z.jpg

I was talking with the Tuner for Titan Motorsports race team the other day, and the subject of oil squirters came up. Some interesting points were made in that conversation.

The oil squirters that came on the 2jz-gte work very well on stock pistons, however once you go with a built bottom end, they are ineffective in piston cooling. What's more, from the conversation, the faster 2jz-gte to make it down track was an N/A block (without oil sqirters). They said at high rpms, the sqirters act as a controlled leak, and without the squirters more oil pressure is available for vital items such as the rod bearings. Granted this conversation was about a 2jz, but it would seem that the same principles would apply to the 1/2/3uz-fe engines.

What's everyones thoughts on this? I'm on the fence about oil squirters.

Eric

Obviously if you use oil squiters you rob the bearings of some oil folw. No one can argue that point.

What you may be gaining is the pistons don't melt and destroy the engine.

A lot of people are overly concerned about oil flow when in fact their engine is getting plenty.

In a stock piston configuration, I couldn't agree more. However, in a built motor, I'm not sure it's the same situation. Especially since learning that the fastest 2jz (6.xx @ 212mph) to make it down the 1/4 mile didn't have oil squirters. It would seem that in a high revving built V8, or any motor for that matter, you can never have enough oil pressure at the bearings.

It's a toss up, and personally I'm on the fence about it.

Thanks guys,

Eric

A bearing needs flow and we use pressure to ensure that an orifice flows enough.

The amount of load that an oil film layer can take is realtive to the oil, not the flow, if flow is enough, more flow will not change the maximum load that the oil layer can take, if flow is to low, all bearing surface will not be covered and metal to metal contact will occur.

To much oil pressure only consumes power and vear on the oil pump/seals and increases the risk of failure/leakage.

# Use correct clearences
# Use correct oil for the temperature and clearence
# keep the oiltemp within the oils spec at all times
# Ensure enough flow

If great pressure is needed to ensure flow, than the oil system should be reengineerd.

3sgte and late 4age (smallport/redtop/high comp) also have oil suirter piston coolers.
you just have to make sure the pistons clear the jets ;-)