Oil Jets

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
cowboy bebop said:
I was talking with the Tuner for Titan Motorsports race team the other day, and the subject of oil squirters came up. Some interesting points were made in that conversation.

The oil squirters that came on the 2jz-gte work very well on stock pistons, however once you go with a built bottom end, they are ineffective in piston cooling. What's more, from the conversation, the faster 2jz-gte to make it down track was an N/A block (without oil sqirters). They said at high rpms, the sqirters act as a controlled leak, and without the squirters more oil pressure is available for vital items such as the rod bearings. Granted this conversation was about a 2jz, but it would seem that the same principles would apply to the 1/2/3uz-fe engines.

What's everyones thoughts on this? I'm on the fence about oil squirters.

Eric
I can understand the other points clearly, but how are the oil squirters ineffective in piston cooling?

In an aftermarket piston the oil ports aren't there, as in a stock piston. Squirters could cool the piston a little, but with no ports, it would only be a minor surface cooling.

Eric

cowboy bebop said:
In an aftermarket piston the oil ports aren't there, as in a stock piston. Squirters could cool the piston a little, but with no ports, it would only be a minor surface cooling.

Eric
Thanks for clearing that up!!!

just a thought. but if a strip was ran down the oil gallery you could dril into the strip and have a solid backing. it would make for a easy install as it would be all drilling.
the strip would have 4 big holes and 4 small taped holes.

attachment.php

Toyota uses oil squirters in all turbo Supras sold in the States since 87, but not world wide.

They are common on any engine with high cylinder pressure such as turbo Diesel powerplants.

I have pulled out my engine for changing to forged internals. I think I will try to put on some sqirters. Seems as there isn't anybody who has completeed this yet.

squiters1re2.jpg

A spacer need to be put under the hold down tab so that it lays level.

squiters3ys4.jpg

This is the squiter in the bottom right hand corner with the Ross Pistons, and Pauter Rods.
squiters7ym8.jpg

Squiter from the top. Uper right hand corner of the cylinder.
squiters5aa8.jpg

Nice additional pics Bob. CAn't wait to hear your car is back on the road and the results you get.

I followed in your footsteps. The oil jets are installed. Just like yours...

Ryan

Any updates from anybody that has done this? I am considering this upgrade on a 1UZ turbo engine build. Seems like a prudent thing to do if the block is being bored anyway.

cribbj,
Afternoon. I am going to go ahead and install the oil jets on my 1UZ TT build. It seems like a good thing to do. Simple enough to do but I can not find them here. To order them will take 60 plus days I am told. Maybe someone in the States has a set of four (or can get them) to send to me.

On another note, I followed your oil pump photos for the Prelube system but never saw that you got it installed. Did you get it all sorted out John?

cribbj,
Thanks for the thread about the oil jets on SC400TT's engine. I have followed this thread (all 480 something posts), and this one for information. I will get this done, just need to find the squirters quickly.

Andrew,

I have a set that I can send them to you. Its free. However, I need to pick them up from my builder. I was originally going to install them but changed my mind. However, I think the best way to install them is to add some meat to the oil gallery. Its very thin and would not be too stable to D&T. Adding an aluminum plate and weld onto the block would be best.

Hi Andrew,

On the prelube system, it's a long story, but the short version is that it's in progress.

The long version is that my engine build is "still" in progress, but I'm finishing it now. For the prelube system, I had to buy a new sump (thanks RedSupra) 'cause the engine builder disregarded my instructions to "not" punch a hole in the old sump for the prelube suction line, but weld a coupling to the upper oil pan. Either he couldn't get his head around what I wanted (quite likely), or following my instructions was just too much trouble for him, as were several other things I instructed him to do, and not to do on this build. He then returned the long block to the tuner, who proceeded to throw all the old covers, water pump, oil pump, manifolds etc. back on it without cleaning anything, so my freshly built $10K motor then looked like it had been sitting in a junkyard for the last 10 years.

With all this, you'd think these two were just a couple of shadetree bubba's, not two guys who build some of the quickest and fastest 2JZ's in the country. Anyway, I suppose everyone has an off day, but the outer appearance of a $10K motor to me is nearly as important as how well it performs. A dirty motor on the outside makes you think everything else was done sloppy on the inside.

So, I've just finished pulling it back down to the long block, and am off this morning to get all the dirty and corroded cast bits dipped & bead blasted, and put a new water pump, oil pump, etc. on it, along with all new seals and gaskets. This thing was oozing blue and gray silicone too, so I'm glad I pulled it down. I'll be sure to take photos of the prelube once I'm finished, but it's going to be several more months, I'm sure.

p.s. I've got an idea how to get you some squirters faster than 60 days. I'll email you about it...

SC400TT,
Thank you very much for the offer to send me a set of oil jets for my 1UZ TT build. I am a bit confused though. On the thread "Project SC400TT" #283 dated 6/16/07 I see photos of oil jets installed.
I will PM you my address if you are willing to send them to me. I will either pay you for parts and shipping or donate to the Lextreme Site the same amount. Your choice.