nitrous on a 92 sc400?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
jgscott said:
3. I did research and knew about this Danger before I bought my Kit, and that is not the only incident that has happened like that. I have seen people heat bottles with a torche to warm them up, go figure.

4. A iron left on leaves you far less in Danger than getting inside a car with a bomb.
that just reminded me about stupid people and NOS..... One one of the Tekademics Mischief DVD's, the fool who heat up his bottles with a blow torch, smoking, at a fuel station to race a worked racing Banshee.... Whilst he didn't go booom whilst heating the bottles or smoking at the servo, he had a montrous back fire which resulted in a big under bonnet fire...:bad:

I have a 92 sc and I want to put a zex wet kit on it. I would like to know where is the best place to tap into the fuel line and what is the best way to do it. Also the Zex kit opens automatically at WOT All I have to do is hook the wire up to the TPS but as you all know I have two and they have lots of wires. Does anyone know what wire it is that I need to splice into?

Thanks for any help

i have a 92 sc 400 that put nitrous on...it had 320000 miles on it and i took it to the track...i didn't have a pill in there i think it was about a 215 shot or so...but i ran a 13.9 with out the tranni shifting into 2nd i would have to let off everything and let it shift then get back on everything and i still ran a 13.9 at 104mph and it was all stock

ChrisSC400 - My question is how did you get a stock SC400 to run a 215hp nos shot... I know that those stock injectors start pegging out with nos right around the 150-200hp nos shot range, and the stock fuel pump can't handle much more then a 100hp nos shot before you are lean...I am shocked you did not run lean and blow your motor at high rpm's under that shot........Did you have a piggy back ECU and high flowing fuel pump on that stock SC of yours?

Yeah, these motors handle the nos real well even with high mileage...

yea it was a 215 or bigger im not sure what it was cuz there was no pill in the line...but it handled it pretty well...i think i would have been faster if my tranni was shifting right...if you reread my post then it says the tranni was not shifting into second gear..so i would have to let off the nitrous and the gas let it shift then get back on everything...so that cost me at least a second right there...and before i let off everything it was just bouncing off the rev limiter...the car ran great and is still runing great...except for the tranni but thats getting rebuild right now....and then im getting a wet shot to put on there...im also thinking about getting the shift kit...but i had no problem with traction either i staled it up and launched waited about 10 feet then got on the unit...i acually think the car ran alot better after using the nitrous cuz it cleaned everything out...and it was only a dry shot too...and yes its all stock no mods are done to it except full exaust...im going to the track in a couple weeks and im going to run it with the wet shot...hoping to hit 12's

I agree with John that stock fuel injectors can't handle that much pressure. Each injector only flows at 245 cc/min. So if you add 250 Nos shot to the engine, let's say it'll be around 500 hp. The calculation for each fuel injector is this:
[HP x .50 (non-turbocharged)] / [8 (no. of injectors) x .80 (duty cycle)].

With this calculation, I'll get 250/6.4 = 39 lb/hour equalling to 410 cc/min for each injector.

You can see a big difference between stock 245 cc/min injector and supposed-to-be 410 cc/min injector.

Also, the 13.9 seconds for 1/4 mile doesn't seem correct for the 500 hp SC. It should run in the 12 seconds range. I guess that your NOS is about 100-150 shot.

i think that annoying 1st to 2nd shift is about my least favorite thing about these cars. It revs too high, then takes too long to shift. I think these things are faster down the 1/4 if you left off just enought to get it to shift when you want then get right back on it once its in second, how annoying.

ChrisSC400 said:
and also just cuz you have 150 shot...doesn't mean you have 150 extra horsepower...its probably 80 or 90!!!
That's true. That depends on how much NOS is left in the tank and how warm it is. I actually forgot about this point.

:bsflag:

I have a dry system too, and there is no way I could push a 200hp shot.
That is even with the help of a piggy ECU and Walbro fuel pump.....I am also aware of the untimely shifts into second gear...I get that every once in a while with a huge heated shot of around 125-150hp or so....Bro, you must be mistaken about your nos shot, what you are saying cannot be done...Maybe you had a 150 shot maybe...Dought that too with the stock fuel pump...However, for the tranny to act up in Second gear you would need around a 200hp shot on a stock SC4....This is puzzling me..

Something sounds very wrong here...Again. stock injectors cannot run a 200 dry shot, you would run lean for sure....Secondly, no way the stock fuel pump can even come close to keeping up with the 200 shot, again you would go seriously lean....
Do you have any pic'c to show us proof of any sort.. I am very skeptical about your statements...Impossible....

Sorry, had to fly the BS flag on this one....I only fly it when I am 100% certain....

Well i just got my tranni rebuilt it should be done today...and my timeslips are in my car at the shop ill will post it up when i get the car back...but my 60 foot was 2.1 i belive...i was going to get a 2800 stall converter but my girlfriends dad was the one who knows the guy whos rebuilding my tranni and if he finds out that i have a stall converter in the car with his daughter in the car he will flip..hahaha....but when the new motor goes in then i will put a stall converter in or ill just do it my self on a weekend or something..and i don't have any pics of the set up it was my friends kit that i barrowed for this one event...but im going to buy a wet system after i get my new wheels and springs....one of my 18's are cracked and the cut springs just ride like sh*t now soo...

jibbby said:
Do you have any pic'c to show us proof of any sort.. I am very skeptical about your statements...Impossible....

Sorry, had to fly the BS flag on this one....I only fly it when I am 100% certain....
:wtf: sorry dude i think i know what i was running...unless you can tell me what the shot is with out a pill in the line....and my set up was just from the bottle to the solinoids to the intake...i didn't have any vacume hooked up to the fuel regulator!!!! and plus i ran it 5 times it used a little more than a quarter tank of gas!!!! so fuel was no problem!!!!

I basically think that depending on the amount of pressure your solenoid can pump out. I seriously dont think its a 215 shot, but thats not to say it isnt close. Please always have pics of time slips handy when posting info.