my poor car

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Anaema

it died! its horrible. i cant drive it because the clutch is fried. the throw out bearing has been acting up ever since i got it. and now, gone. it held fine before, but now it wont hold 2000 RPMs or even a quarter throttle :eek:uch:

Aneama, I also owned a 5 speed, two door 1986 Mits Montero years ago...I use to pound on that little 4 wheel drive 4 banger constantly....Stock form it was absolutely gutless. I had to install headers, full exhaust, performance carb, raised it, installed mudder tires, and other performance mods thoughout to get it performing up to snuff.....A decent and peppy light weight offroad vehicle when I was done with it.....A Very reliable truck from what I remember...I drove and beat on it for over a year and did not have one problem with it.....I would off road that Mits, slam, bounce and bottom out regularly on hard dirt mountains, etc..and just work that truck trying to break it....It really never broke on me once to my suprise.....On the other hand my 1974 FJ40 Toyota landcruiser that was really built up for off road use to break on me all the time..Busted spindles, axles, twisted gearing, etc...But that FJ40 landcruiser of mine was equiped with a very potent and torquey 283ci V8 SBC..

Sorry to hear about your troubles....Get a clutch and fix...They are good old trucks...

its actually one of the 3L V6s, and its a four door. it wasnt weak, but it could definitely use more torque. i think the tune up i was about to do will help it alot.

Anaema - The 1986 and earlier Montero's came with 2 doors and were equiped with 4 cylinder motors here in the USA and in 1988 the Montero's were then introduced with 4 doors and your FI 3.0 Liter V6's if I remember correctly... That's right I forgot the years and differences between the year models.....

I did buy and sell several newer Montero's just like yours at my car lot.....I had one as new as 1997 and it was very nice... None of the Montero's that I had came across ever had serious problems and or failed on me...In my opinion they are still all solid trucks as far as could tell.....

i think its just age and idiot mechanics that is the problem. the engine has been changed or rebuilt, and the throwout bearing wasnt alligned properly. or something to that effect. the left rear wheel bearing is going bad too.