Must reading for anyone that wants big power for the street

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
lol dude I hope I am not causing offence? Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing FWD, I've driven FWD cars all my driving life (which admittedly is only 7 and a bit years) but I've have always ragged the hell out of them and had lots of fun.

I'm not saying they can't handle, I am just saying they have limits with power but that saying yes the Honda's are awesome, the Civic Type-R we had over here was devistatingly quick and handled supurbly, and so does the very new one just released over here.

In fact some say that the Honda Integra Type-R (I think you guys have it as the Acura RSX or something?) is reportedly *THE* best handling FWD car/chassis in the world. Ever. People seem to say that it is the definition of how FWD cars should be made and it is pushing 220BHP I believe.

If I wasn't so hell bent on something RWD/4WD to learn new things or if I *HAD* to go with another FWD car I have no doubt that I would be getting an Integra Type-R, no question at all.

That's totally understandable. I don't mind having another Honda just for fun. It's cheap to modify with great results. Actually we have the same Acura Type - R as you do in the U.K. The Integra RSX is the newer make while the Type-R is no more in production. However, the old Type-R looks better with more hp in stock form than the RSX.

Gotta love rear wheel drive cars, or even better AWD... I never lost a race to a front wheel drive car yet in my SC4..... Then again I have never raced a 400bhp turbo'd Honda either.....:happysad:

Gotta love rear wheel drive cars, or even better AWD... I never lost a race to a front wheel drive car yet in my SC4..... Then again I have never raced a 400bhp turbo'd Honda either.....:happysad:
You're lucky, John. Or maybe they're already scared of you, your exhaust sound, or your mean look before even trying...LOL. A 400 hp Honda is like 600 hp SC due to its light weight. I love both 400 hp SC or Honda by all means.

Yeah Steve I hear you..

I ran into a lowered Honda with all those dash gauges, carbon fiber body parts, etc.. years back... I previously owned an older Chevy Iroc Camaro years back, I modified that iron block beast with exhaust and cams. I was feeling pretty good about myself in that ride until that one day I ran a race with that little Honda. We were stopped and going onto the freeway, I reved the motor next to him laughing and boy did that little Honda take off and suprise me and needless to say humble me. Front wheels spinning and all.....I didn't stand a chance, and today that little Honda would have smoked my Lexus for sure and probably most the cars on this forum..... It probably went 0-100mph in a couple of seconds from what I could tell..

So I know all about those little sneaky light weight front wheel drive beasts...

Funnily enough I saw a Honda Integra Type-R (the lastest shape) come past me last night.....damn thats a pretty car.... its very rare here......

Attachments

• Mvc-017s.jpg
    Mvc-017s.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 5
The Acura Type Integra R is somewhat rare. Most Integras that I see are regular, maybe LS. I've been told that many Civics & Acuras on the tracks use the Type R engine due to it strong internals which can withstand high hp. That's why an Integra R is still kind of expensive now.

Integra Type-R through the ages but I don't know the years....

95.08-integra-3d-typer.jpg

0304_1mg.jpg

Latest:
the-2001-integra-type-r.jpg

But the lastest car certainly in my opinion is the prettiest and looks even more amazingly stunning in the flesh.

We don't get them over here at all unless its an important and I *think* they have even been discontinued now in favour of this version of the Civic Type-R which we also don't get here in the UK:
main.php

Which like I said we don't get over here and interestingly looks almost like it has touches of Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution about it. The Civic Type-R we DO officially get over here are these old/new:
the-2001-civic-type-r.jpg

386_honda_civic_type_r_concept_white_01.jpg

Although the last one was the concept but the actual car is incredibly similar but I'm still taking a while getting used to it. Also there was another Civic Type-R before these two but we also never got that one.

The S2000 is my pick the NSX is alttle rich for me...
If I wanted one.. I like the WRX / STI or Evo's though less rpm more grunt....

Massve power and a manual box doesn't do it too quick on the 1/4 mile..
I have 440 rwkw in a 3800 Lb car with radial slicks its a real issue getting off line!! traction is a major issue.. But out on street and highway its another story...I don't have anti lag or any pre stage tune in ecu yet. Thats's comeing.... I have decided to build a turbo 1UZ light car with Powerglide... Then we'll see....