Haltech on FI 3uzfe

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
You can use 2 1n4148 diodes coming from each ignitor and then run them togther to the Haltech - then it will get the 8 pulses it wants to see. Anode goes to ignitor, cathodes join together and go to tacho input of haltech. You may need to add a wire to one ignitor though as it probably won't have one for the second tach ouput.

sc430blue said:
I wonder what setting the cylinders to "4" on the Haltech would do.
I wonder if that would cause half of the injectors not to fire? Just a dumb guess haha.

I don't think the diode trick will work,are you guys talking about the older twin-distributor systems? His SC430 has 8 individual coils (so 8 igt outputs instead of two)

Could you take photos of where they tapped for the trigger? I have some ideas but need to see how they have it set up first. I have a feeling they tapped into one of the two IGF signals,which may be the cause of your half-RPM reading.

TundraEddie said:
I wonder if that would cause half of the injectors not to fire? Just a dumb guess haha.

I don't think the diode trick will work,are you guys talking about the older twin-distributor systems? His SC430 has 8 individual coils (so 8 igt outputs instead of two)

Could you take photos of where they tapped for the trigger? I have some ideas but need to see how they have it set up first. I have a feeling they tapped into one of the two IGF signals,which may be the cause of your half-RPM reading.

Please forgive my naivete', the engine runs great now, how can this be if the haltech is only receiving half the signal its supposed to receive?