fitted new radiator from nissan s14 sr20t

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Hi team.
The gauge and temp sender are both logarithmic so you take a double hit on temperature sensitivity.

Sideshow, I'm upgrading my hilux radiator to an alloy one from a 3L turbo diesel (98 onwards), they're only slightly wider so I should be able to fit it without too much hassle.

Muzz

sort off
i fitted a tripple core rad but it still slowly gets hot

and it still pings when it gets hot

i gant be bothered anymore

if it blows ill buy a new one

but i have ordered a trd thermostat so it opens at 72 then ill get a thermo sensor to turn on fasns at 85

see how that goes

but main prob is lack of air flow out of engine bay

was thinkin of cuttin inner gaurds like 4wd ones

i am too busy so dont get time to fix it

want to fit nissan 4 spots ontoi it soon too

not big job

mines still not havn any probs with stock rad, was stuck in snail traffic in 30 deg the other week when getn engineering done and temp never moved off just under half, mine has 2" body lift so wonder if that helps air get out better?

well if i go by the temp gauge mine never overheats

toyota temp gauges are funny needs to be very very hot for it to read hot on gauge

if i go by the snap on scannner it gets hot

does yours ping slightly on a hot day

I know what you mean you can even feel its too hot when you open the bonnet of a car thats running hotter than it should, but mine seems ok and has never pinged, which I would notice as I have very quiet exhaust, before I put the tiny 10" fan on I had it idling in the backyard when jumping another car for bout an hour ,the engine light came on and temp was just above half but motor still didnt seem hot, I run motor at 2000 revs for 30 secs and temp went back to under half an light went off but with small fan now its fine

If this doesn't keep it cool then nothing will...

Hi team,
I'm just in the process of fitting a new radiator to the 'lux as the old one had cracked around the top mounting bracket and was weeping slightly.

You're all correct about the high temperatures on the copper cored pre '98 hilux radiators - they just can't take the heat.

The radiator I'm fitting is a Griffin race parts GM 27x19x7 inch all alloy unit - the cooling tubes are welded in and not just epoxy'ed, so it makes it reasonably safe to modify inlet, outlet, and filler positions. I've got a small remote filler tank that will link the engine and radiator with a couple of short hose lengths, I'm confident that it will look quite trick once its done.

And yes the bonnet does shut... Just...

Muzz

that looks expensive muzza, thought you were using later alloy lux one like mine, looks like you have more space from motor to rad support than my 98 too, if that dont cool it your in big trouble

Hi-lex,
It was only about $500NZD, which was going to be about the same as a '98 alloy one (actually less) - so I thought 'bigger is better' - the Griffin radiators are used in loads of 350 chev powered race cars and they don't seem to overheat - The 1UZLUX should run sweet as pie

Muzz

hiluxmad,
Griffinrad.com should get you the info that you need. Mine is a 1-25242-x --> 27.5x19x3, TL BR, 1", CF Chev Race
I actually got mine through Cardwells (cardwells.co.nz) in Auckland, they have a special on at the moment.

It seems as though hilux 1UZ conversions are second only to 1UZ supras for popularity!

Game on.

Muzz