Engine check light/8820km with a 1UZFE

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

1UZFE Matt

Is there anyone out there that has used a crown front cut and crown ECU and has got the engine check light working.
I have had my conversion running for about 8 months using KDogs wiring diagrams, but I can't get a check light to work from the pin 5 position on the 22 pin plug (black/yellow wire) as the diagram shows.
My car is just starting to idle rough and sometimes stall at idle, so I would love to possibly get some fault codes out of it.

For anyone interested, I just completed a trouble free double crossing of Australia in my 1UZFE powered 3 series BMW. Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney, Perth, 8820km and I never put a drop of oil or water in it. The drive was awsome with a 1UZFE up front.
Regards
Matt.

Matt,

I'd like to see the answer to your question.

Like you I haven't got my ECL working on my Crown engine/ECU.

Sounds like you enjoyed your drive.

Matt, in the meantime, I'd suggest a quick basic check.

Pull the plugs, see if they are damaged.
Test the leads.
Test the fuel rail pressure.

My fuel pump has just started dying after about 3000km's.
The car flutters around peak torque.
Its in the process of getting a new pump.

Also, pull the ISCV off, give that a clean, and use some throttle body/carby cleaner in the TB too.

Also, if you haven't had the injectors cleaned since you put the motor in, do it.

if your car runs like it has a miss most common prob is the leads

ive come across afew with this prob

look at the leads and they have a year stamped on them

most 1uzs from pre 1994 are starting to get to the age where the leads break down

which is around the 10 yr mark

pull the covers off the leads and safely remove one at a time with special pliers while engine is running

the cylinders which do not drop in rpm when unp[lugged is the dead lead/plug

my

Thanks for the ideas guys.
Peewee I cleaned the TB and Idle valve (which was covered with black soot) with carb cleaner, and it has smoothed out alot.
Zuffen do you have any idea why these check light's don't work?
Does the K Dog know? I would be stoked to get it going! I would feel complete! I would feel some closure!
Regards
Matt.

check light is easy to get working

12v ignition to a globe
then other side of glode to the "w" terminal on the ecu

on the right side plug lookin into the ecu where u power up the ecu

its the 5th terminal on top row from the right and if it all factory wiring it should be
a black wire with yellow trace

best way to check it is bridge out e1 and te1 in diagnostic box and then connect an led testlight to this wire and see if it flashes

My check light seems to work ,it comes on with ign an goes off when started, it did come on when car was left idling for a very long time and temp whent from just under half to just over half, I am presuming this was over temp fault, btw matt, did you get your beemer engineered by Jack Apgar in perth? a friend of mine was talking to a guy in perth with 1uz in a beemer that had him cert it, wondered if it was you or maybe another uzbm in perth

Thanks guys,
sideshow, I have conected up a 12v globe as you suggest and it does not come on with ignition on/engine not running ie just before start up as you would expect. But I will try bridging e1 and te1 with the light connected. What do you mean by a led test light? Do you mean I need a low voltage LED?
hi-lex that was me talking to your friend, I am pretty sure! Was your mate in Bayswater?
Regards
Matt.

to test for which wire is the check light wire
best to test with an led test light so u dont get any spikes

but the check light should come on with ignition on

are you on the correct wire