ecu for supercharged v8

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

nickson

vortech v1 supercharger

currently running 6-7psi on vortech fmu 12:1 400FWHP.

std injectors, but maxxing out at high rpm, (or afm maxxing??)

whats the next step to be able to increase boost.

can any1 recommend a piggyback or standalone ecu on a budget. or is there anyway i can use std ecu?

im in the uk, so needs to be a system that mappers are able to work with

thanks
nick

depends what your goals are? how much boost? how much power you looking to net? if your going 10-12 psi an apexi s-afc would get you by, a walbro 255lph fuel pump, and some green tip 315cc 7MGE injectors would be the next small step up. do you already have a wideband?

well tbh if im going to upgrade the car i would like to do it properly, i dont mind spending a bit more and getting a standalone or piggyback ecu that can control some 440cc injectors which will support around 560bhp at 80% dc.

will the maf support this sort of hp, or do i need to find an ecu that can delete the maf and run off map and tps?

what sort of boost will be needed to achieve around 500-550bhp. and what size pulley?

its currently producing around 400bhp at 6psi boost.

i dont mind using water injection, and i intend to install an intercooler.

my next slight concern is that the belt will slip at higher boost pressures? and changing to a toothed belt means replacing the rest of the engine pulleys to toothed style and surely that will cost a fortune?

cheers

for the £1500 odd quid for the supercharger kit s/hand, could it be a better option to go turbo charged??

i can fab my own manifolds and anything else that needs doing as i own a motorsport fabrication shop

will £1500 buy the components for turbocharging if i use s/hand turbos. is it better to run a large single turbo, or twins ??

what is a realistic power/torque figure for this setup without spending silly money. the supercharger itself will flow something like 700bhp at 20psi.

whats the limit before having to spend lots of extra money on other bits and bobs i havnt taken into account.

i just want to add standalone, bigger injectors, intercooler and water injection, then get a good map and turn the boost up. 500hp is around what i want, but is that realistic with these mods?

when will i require upgrading the supercharger pulleys to toothed or extra ribs, and are the pulleys available ?

is it possible to just run a toothed pulley welded to the crank pulley and straight onto the sc??

depends what your goals are? how much boost? how much power you looking to net? if your going 10-12 psi an apexi s-afc would get you by, a walbro 255lph fuel pump, and some green tip 315cc 7MGE injectors would be the next small step up. do you already have a wideband?

bad advice. don't be a cheap ass.

just sayin.....
I've been on the boards for over a decade and the #1 thing I've learned over the years is don't be a cheap ass. It typically ends up in a fail.

im not a cheap ass lol, starting to look into haltech or link ecus around the $1500-2000 mark!

another question i have is when people switch to standalone, do you keep the dizzy, or bin it for a trigger wheel and twin coils or even coil on plugs wasted spark?

if i use an ecu with batched ignition, surely u cant use wasted spark as you would be igniting fuel on the exhaust stroke with the wasted spark and injection on the batched injectors. to run coil packs and wasted spark, you must need sequential injection?

i would prefer to use dizzy ignition if possible to keep things simple, what do people recommend

thanks

Link with stock dizzys and group injection will work fine. One upgrade would be to fit a pair of LS1 coils or similar with built in ignitors reduce the number of parts. You can run wasted spark with grouped injection just fine as well. Cheers

is fitting ls1 coils or wasted spark actually of any benefit over running the dizzy then, also will the link g4 extreme, run off the toyota dizzy ok?
would rather keep things simple if possible?

the link g4 extreme also has a few optional sensors, intake temp, tps, 1,2,3 channel ignitor?, wideband, map sensor,
do i need to run these, or will it control the std toyota sensors? obviously there is no wideband as std, but what about the rest?

cheers

You can fit the LS1 coils in place of the stock coils and ignitors still using the stock dizzys. This is very easy to do. Some people have had spark issues with high boost with stock systems but I am yet to have any myself. Both the Storm and Xtreme have the same capibilities with keeping the stock sensors and running wideband etc. The main difference is the numbers of inputs and outputs. A storm will run it fine but with an Xtreme you will gain sequential injection and may be able to control more outputs if needed.

ok thats great, i think the storm comes with a map sensor inbuilt? whereas the extreme u have to buy a seperate map sensor. so am i right in thinking the only extra sensor i need is the map sensor, or do i need any more of the above optional sensors?

whats the advantage of running sequential injection over batched?
if the storm is a viable option then it will save me over £300 so if its suitable i would like to know the downfalls over the extreme?

Ok the advantage of sequential injection over group fire (batched) is better low end throttle response and cleaner burning. No difference in top end power. If you are going for huge power then the Xtreme is a given. I run Xtremes when doing my own vehicles. When doing a storm with a turbo 1UZ I do the following
4 x 2 injectors
2 x ignition outputs
1 crank /1 LH cam input
Stock 1uz engine temp sensor
bosch air temp sensor mounted in throttle body or inlet pipe
One narrowband oxygen sensor mounted in merge of pipe( this could be a wideband with a controler)
Speed input
ignition switch in.
Outputs
Fuel pump
Fan
check engine light
Tacho output ( low level)
Main relay Hold output
Speedo output - allows calibration with link for diff changes
4 outputs used for stock 1uz stepper motor

I also have a boost controller input so it one of the outputs isnt used ( like if the vehicle has a high level tacho) then that output can be swapped to boost solenoid when running turbo vehicles.

Storm has a built in map sensor and I recommend buying a bosch fast acting IAT and plug. Xtreme has an external MAP which is purchased separately.

They both come with around 1.8 metre unterminated looms.

Hope this helps.

Cheers