can you fit 2UZ pistons in a 3UZ?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Here is a close up picture of 2uzfe block. Imagine inserting sleeves then you don't have much meat left to support the sleeves. Secondly, looks like the water jackets will also be alter too. So I really don't think the 1uzfe or 3uzfe block would work with 3.700" sleeves (2UZFE bore).
Lexus_2uzfe_Lextreme_SC470TT%20016.jpg

Attachments

• CIMG0297.JPG
    CIMG0297.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 3
  • CIMG0298.JPG
    CIMG0298.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 4
  • CIMG0208.JPG
    CIMG0208.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 3
you are only talking about .06" larger around the bore. That isn't all that much, but I guess it could be. Would have to see how thick the supporting walls are at the bottom of the bore.

Attachments

• CIMG0205.JPG
    CIMG0205.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 3
Another possible solution to your quest would be a stroker crankshaft. Rarson noted in another post (racing intake) that the stock 1UZFE journals are 52mm and stock Honda journals are 48mm. An undergrind on the stock crank to the Honda journal size could gain a solid 8mm stroke. Stock 1UZFE has an 87.5mm bore and 82.5mm stroke for a total of 3969cc (4 liter advertised). 3UZFE uses a 91mm bore and same 82.5mm stroke for a total of 4293cc (4.3 liter advertised). Using the 3UZ block with stock stroke of 91mm and a reground stock crank to 90.5mm gives your requested 4709cc.

Bigger engines do have advantages. At some point though the price outweighs the goals. If you want real power then pressurize it.

Also, there is a real cheap way to get a 5650cc all aluminum engine... its called an LS1.

I will also be twin turbo'ing it.

If I wanted a chevy, I would have bought one.

I know the LS motors are great, but I keep it toyota!!!

Besides, how many toyota's out there do you know of that can run 800+hp on pump gas?

I understand!

That said, HP on a turbomotor is more about total mass airflow than displacement. On a turbomotor, especially one in the power range you are targeting is better off with a stronger block than with a little more displacment. I would keep the stock block and go with the 98-2000 heads and intake. Cam wise is a different story as these use the VVTi system. It may be possible to run the non-VVTi cams from a 2UZ (earlier 1UZ is different design) and I believe there are aftermarket grinds available for the 2UZ. You could also fix the VVTi in a set position OR find a way to run the VVTi.

"howl Factor"

A 3 UZ-FE with a 2 UZ-FE crankshaft stroked 8mm to 90.5mm [ 3.562" ] using the HONDA sized BE/SE rods will have a 'what' for an RPM ceiling ?

"Using the 3UZ block / 91mm bore and a reground stock crank out to 90.5mm gives your requested 4709cc" - JBrady.

3UZ Bore with 3.50" stroke:

Bore:3.58"

Stroke: 3.50"

Cu.In. : 281.85

C.C. : 4618.65

Litre: 4.62

B / S Ratio: 1.023

[Watching NASCAR at the moment - running their usual 3.25 + strokes @ 8K RPM for hours...... nice SOUND ;) ]