Does 2UZ intake manifold fit on 1UZ?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

thad

Are they interchangeable? I would think that they would be. The 2UZ seems like it would be a better design for boost. Charge pipe plumbing would be much cleaner as well.

attachment.php

ae_1_b.JPG

Answer is no. The earlier 1uz has a different heads to the 2uz and the later iuz has a narrower between the heads compared to a 2uz. There is a fair amount of discussion to these pages if you do a search.

i am not sure if it will fit or not, but it will be very tall and closing the hook might be a problem if it is install in a stock LS, SC or GS.

It will fit only on 1998+ 1UZ. The desogn IMO is much better, but what you woudl really want is the 1998+ 1UZ intake, as the runners are variable length. I'll have to take a pic to explain.

External dimensions of the 2UZ and 1998+ 1UZ block and heads are exactly the same. I have fitted the 1998+ 1UZ in take on a 2UZ motor. In fact that's the first *UZ combination that's going in my Supra.

turboandrew said:
It will fit only on 1998+ 1UZ. The desogn IMO is much better, but what you woudl really want is the 1998+ 1UZ intake, as the runners are variable length. I'll have to take a pic to explain.

What is the difference pre-1998 engines that prevents the manifold from fitting?

Andrew,

Would you think the 2uzfe heads would work on 1uzfe lower and upper intake? It seems to me that the 2uzfe heads are the same angle as the previous generation. If you can swap the 2uz intakes then you would clear the hood.

Second thing, what type of oil sump does the 2uz come with? Front, mid or rear sump?

If anyone is looking at using a later generation intake due to a forward facing trottle body, I can make a custom intake using the stock 1UZ runners. Anyone be interested?

Two pics attached, one showing the 2UZ ports and the other the 1UZ intake on the 2UZ.

Notice how the ports are almost vertical, maybe 15% from vertical. The mating flange is perfectly horizontal. It's just a straight shot right on the valves. I believe the early 1UZ heads have a more curved port with an entry angle more like 30% from vertical.

As far as I can tell , the 2UZ heads are nearly identical with the 1998+ 1UZ heads. The only difference I have found so far is that the extra cam seneors are not there for vvti, altough there is plenty of aluminum there to drill and htread for them.