Bad bad problem

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

B-FISH

sounds like it can also be a bad connection, check the alternator connections, especially the ground on it, in my case, the ground bold was corroded and actuall snapped while unscrewing, luckinly enough was left to just connect lower and everythings been fine since..

Hey David,
unfortunately, my lex front end was under water for a short time, basically just the head lights and fuse box were a little corroded. well, I finally got a new fuse box ,(the one by the battery) and im gradually replacing the junctions inside it, they are all corroded and im getting bad connections. I am pretty good at wiring but the solder i am using is not sticking to well to the lexus wires. I am going to lowes and get some better solder to finish the job. I seem to have a lot of electrical problems and I am 100 percent sure its the corrosion of my wires.
Its a tough job , trust me, not much space to move around under there.
David, have you ever heard of anyone in my position, if so, how did everything turn out for them.
Thanks,
Barry

Well you answered your own question in your explanation.

The fact that the wires are corroded is the reason why the solder won't soak/melt into the wires.

I have this very same problem on the rear harness in my SC300. the wires were under water for a long time and corroded the copper, now there is no connection between the wires and things don't work.

Dunno if you got this fixed yet But
To fix it...Soak the corroded ends in some coke-a-cola overnight w/the battery disconnected and that should clean the corrosion off well enough so you can twist the ends together and get solder to stick/melt into the wires.

Coke-a-cola is good for cleaning rust and other corrsion, mythbusters proved that =D
The solder won't stick/hold if there is corrosion. no matter what solder you buy. ;) (however, if you can find a solder thats cleans corrosion as you solder the wires then you can kill two birds with one stone. never seen it myself though.)