Project: "Bad-arse Cressy" 3UZ with A650

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

MX83UZ

Hi!

I have joined and come here to post the fun (start), bad news (middle), and heaven (final) stages of the project wich I want to be done in 4 weeks, more realistically take 6, but will more likely take 8. Im a 28y/o diesel mechanic and this is not my first modified car, but easily the one Iv been most involved with the ideas, research and problem solving. Some of my focus are on heat in the engine bay, steering and stability issues after lowering, weight, and rear-end strength.

I have a 1991 Toyota Cressida Series II with a 1992 1UZ-FE from a Toyota Celcior with its A341E 4spd Transmission. It features a stage III drag-type valve body in the transmission, mini-spool diff, dual 2" catbacks and a piggy-back fuel feeder duvahlacki. Stock it ran 126kw@wheels after these bits it ran 150kw@wheels. It weighs 1467kg WITH the V8. It ran a 13.6 quarter. (one second slower than my AE86)

Features BC BR-type coil-overs, DBA stage II Supra-sized rotors and 4-spot calipers.

I have just reconditioned the steering rack and ordered lowering spacers, tie-rod adapters, ends and steering angle reducer arms. I have a sway-bar to install and am ordering a fully-adjustable rear kit soon.

More importantly, I have just purchased a 3UZ-FE engine with an A650E 5sp transmission bolted to it. It is from a 2003 LS430 and features same block, same stroke as my 1UZ but with a slight change in bore size and a big change in compression combined with VVT-i. Worth it just for the VVT-i cos its brilliant so we have more gains and more to play with.

The process is waiting on quotes from MRC dyno and Level10 Tranny mob in the US. I am still to get a quote for the air vents in the gards and custom carbon fibre bonnet. Also it needs a pink slip and all the steering bits fitted before then so stay tuned should get started soon! Co-ordinating this will be the hardest part lol

-Sax