Another 1UZ into Toyota pickup(hilux) thread...

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Picked up my front sump last night, and as a quick comparison (on the floor) the front of the lower sump of the mid sump was in the same place as the rear of the front sump - if that makes sense.

When the motor is in, the steering arm is right in the middle of the sump (mid sump). Therefor, with a front sump, there will be little or no mods needed. If there is, it's prob the same price to lift the body as getting the sump modded.

I will take photos when I put the sump.

Cheers

If the 1uz and 2uz blocks can interchange parts, would it be possible to use a front sump and oil pan off of a 1uz on a 2uz to clear the steering arm? I am considering a 2uz swap for my 94 4x4 truck with a 4" suspension lift and a 3" body lift. My front diff is also lowered with the 4" suspension lift.

As for the right had transfercase drop, I am thinking maybe a righthand drop transfercase off of a a340f transmission in a 98 T100 would bolt up to a factory a340f transmission from a tundra.

Not sure on any of this, but it would be nice.

twisty_toy94 said:
My front sump 1UZ cleared the front Toyota IFS (Diff & Steering) with no mods. The oil filter was fine too.

The 2" bodylift helped, but you might get away without a bodylift. Webbie (see 1UZ into Surf Thread) will be trying a front sump with no bodylift on his this IFS Toy in the next couple of weeks.

I don't think a mid sump would work without mods, but a rear sump looks like it might fit. But I have lowered my diff by 30mm to reduce CV Angles.

I have a 1" bodylift currently. Did you have to do the 30mm diff drop for the engine fitment or was it only for the CV's? Which 1UZ's had the front sump?

sump... pics

Lads,
For what its worth, here is a pic of my modified sump (originally mid) that I'm using in my hilux (except its a 2wd)

This was version 4, and I honestly believe that getting it right was the hardest part of my conversion, it was the only thing that I couldn't engineer before the old engine came out.

My entire conversion took 4 weeks (drove the old ute in to my garage on Nov 12th, went for certification on Dec 13th) but I did have a LOT of sleepless nights (and one week off work)

Good luck,

Muzz

Twisty - I have 1 1/2" BJ Spacers and stock rear colis out of a FJ80 going in soon. I need to get longer shocks first though. Is that blue one yours? I have the same color. :D

1091134956_DSC02769.jpg

Is the Celsior equivalent to the LS400 or SC400?

Muzza - 4 weeks? That is lightning quick!!! WOW!!!

Both the Celsiour and the LS/SC400 are front sump, but the LS/SC are slighty more forward than the Celsiour - if that makes sence?

I have a pic of both the Crown (mid) and Celsiour sump side by side on the floor. I can post it tomorrow if anyone is interested?

webbie said:
Both the Celsiour and the LS/SC400 are front sump, but the LS/SC are slighty more forward than the Celsiour - if that makes sence?

I have a pic of both the Crown (mid) and Celsiour sump side by side on the floor. I can post it tomorrow if anyone is interested?
please post that pic webbie as i'd like to see just how far back the centre sump goes.

My bad!! I got some stiches in my back so I cant crawl around on the ground. When I can i'll get some photos of the sumps side by side and also mounted on the engine to show you where they are in relation to the diff/steering.

Sorry for the delay.

Cheers

webbie said:
My bad!! I got some stiches in my back so I cant crawl around on the ground. When I can i'll get some photos of the sumps side by side and also mounted on the engine to show you where they are in relation to the diff/steering.

Sorry for the delay.

Cheers
NO rush from me, but i think it would be handy to have a comparison photo

twisty_toy, what would you charge to make a ball joint lift and diff drop kit? I have the skills and the tools to install something like that, but not fabricate.

hafftrak said:
twisty_toy, what would you charge to make a ball joint lift and diff drop kit? I have the skills and the tools to install something like that, but not fabricate.
I had a mate make it up...I'll PM you his details....

There was a guy in the states making them, but I can't remember his website. I'll try and dig that up too.

toyota transfer cases

madmont said:
You dont hava a choice which a340f box you use . The early one has the front drive on the right side and the later one has the drive on the left side.
The a340 is controlled by 3 solenoids the a341 is controlled by 4 solenoids
Check your EPC
The ls400 and sc400 motors have different sumps as well
pics of valve bodies and of transmissions a340h on right a340f on left

Hi Madmont, Sorry to drag up an old posting, is there any chance of a measure on one of these t/f cases, the distance i need is the depth from the drive flange that connects to the gearbox output to the rear of the casing or rear facing flange.Also do the flanges turn in the same direction, and is it a 1 to 1 drive, the style of box looks like the one on the left that faces toward the lhs of the truck, viewed from behind

Best Regards
Lambo

Lambo, you may want to consider the A340H. SuperRunner posted on www.supracharged.com:

"The A340H is a hydraulic actuated t-case, where as the A340F is a manually actuated t-case."

"The big problem behind the A340H, is it uses a clutch pack in the t-case for low and high, and prematurely fail. The enables to be able to switch into 4wd up to 30mph, and is also will allow the front and the rear to slip while going slow around corners. Makes it easy to park in 4wd. The A340H was a bad attempt to make a 4wd act like an AWD."

Bad for us with 4wd trucks, but may be ideal for what you are doing.

The only one I can measure is the hydraulic transfer case. It measures 465mm from the front to the rear of the flange. High range ratio is 1:1 and the drive flanges turn in the same direction. I dont know what you want to do with it but the output shaft from the auto and input shaft for the transfer is one and the same which means the transfer MUST be fitted to a Toyota auto transmission.

twisty_toy94 said:
I had a mate make it up...I'll PM you his details....

There was a guy in the states making them, but I can't remember his website. I'll try and dig that up too.

www.sdori.com

You can get diff drops from many folks. With the 1 1/2" BJ spacers you don't really need a diff drop as long as you have manual hubs.