8 Throttle Body Intake

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Hmm, looks to be about the same pitch as the cam gears (the timing ones, not the scissors), but no slots for adjustability. That must mean it's a ..........

After looking at #5, I don't want to know where the chocolate fish are coming from.

...1/2 of 1 of 2 (confused?) adjustable scissor gear set and ...adjustable front cam-belt-driven gear (not shown). About to spend $1M+ on dyno services....about to try and mess with Toyota's immence R&D efforts and see if we can improve on it....go the Humble Kiwi Garage/ Shed/ Outhouse/ Longdrop Mechanics.

well, everyone seems to be getting into it!! lol

to todays progress on the vvti manifold at JMR Fabrication ;)

Bellmouth_Image00001.jpg

Bellmouth_Image00002.jpg

Bellmouth_Image00003.jpg

Bellmouth_Image00005.jpg

this my CAD of the f430 style dual plenum setup that you can see bits of above...

PlenumImage00003.jpg

thats the only wat to get it the way you really want it :)

the whole manifld is being built from scratch infact

Took a few more pics of the 4AGE ITB project (better quality than the last posting). Detail of the zero-backlash helix couplings after a spate of Emails asking about them.

Goto www.tea.net.au
products
couplings
helix couplings

We made our own trumpets, fashioned up a former and squeezed the bejezus out of them in a grunty press.

Thottle chafts are custom-made and wire cut slots. We used the original toyota butterflys.

Summit fuel rail and custom vacuum chamber to nestle between the manifolds being fabricated as we speak. Lotsa hard work, Gents, but well worth it. Should look primo, sound friggin awsome and go like the clap in a brothel.

Huge amount of help from Chris 'Butt Crack' V.G. He's driving the project, clever bastard.

For those interested, also several pics of the wee 1UZ roller-skate with it's new spoiler and diffuser (about to be painted wrinkle-finish black)

Don't panic, Chaps...no butt cracks this time!

Gaz.

wow nice!

are those manifolds better priced than the ones at http://www.1uzquadcam.co.nz/ ? seems their website is down. is there a website for those manifolds?

also, those trumpets! for sale? lol. i am using jubride stacks on my itb's, but they're around 280usd for a set of 4. wayy to expensive to buy 2 sets!

Yep, they are Tony Miller's manifolds. Many many hours have gone in to get them into this state (port matching to 1UZ etc).

http://www.a1turbos.co.nz/

280USD? Fook, that is WAY expensive. I'll have a chat with my man and see if he is interested in producing you a set and get a quote. What height do you want? Ours are 65mm. Are they going on 4AGE TBs?

Looks fat! Those helix couplings are exacty what I need.

Out of curiosity, what ID are your vacuum holes? Do you have a brake booster or unassisted?

4mm o/d, not sure about i/d, prolly around 3mm.

Supra master cylinder. Fabricating an ali vacuum chamber with x8 4mm o/d fittings and master cylinder fitting (changing to TPS from MAP when the ITBs go on so don't need a vac fitting for the Microtech). x8 vac feeds from the TBs. It will be housed between the banks of TBs. Drilling x4 additional vac feeds off the TBs that don't have them. Fuel Injection Man is very fond of balancing the vacuum of all TBs below the butterflies. He is the Wise One, so I am not arguing!

Could probably get away without brake booster as we are running early Supra brakes in a 950kg car, and you only have to breathe on the brake pedal to lock things up. x1 Big Toe on the pedal is enough to lock the fronts at 100kmph. Brake Bias adjuster very useful to stop the rear from meeting the front in these situations! Great party trick. Hard on tyres, though.

Beig such a light car that should work well. I'm using a MAP sensor with my ITB setup which was a pain to set up but is great now I've got it sussed. The problem I had with a V8 Soarer with it being so heavy was that 3-4mm ID tubing didn't produce enough vacuum to be effective with the brake booster as it can't suck air out quickly enough. It works fine for smaller things like the FPR and MAP sensor but looking at OEM ITB setups they usually have around 6-10mm ID for the vac lines - however you might be fine with your rollerskate : )

I've heard of people using electric vacuum pumps to feed the brake booster. Don't know much about these but they make sense.

What ECU are you using? I'm using a Microtech LTX8 and we'll be swicthing to TPS when the time comes.

Attachments

• IMG_0726.JPG
    IMG_0726.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0727.JPG
    IMG_0727.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0728.JPG
    IMG_0728.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0729.JPG
    IMG_0729.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 3
Yeah, I'm using an electric vacuum pump - made in switzerland for providing vacuum in electric cars but I'd feel more comfortable with a pump running off the back of the alternator like one from a diesel landcruiser...

I'm just running a MAP-ECU at the moment which uses a MAP sensor and imitates the output of the airflow meter for the stock ECU. I started looking into standalone management but I don't need to worry about it yet.

Ghazzah,
i would do not know how long i would want the stacks. it would be a while before i purchased a set though. i actually used to have some weber stacks that were a exact ID" fit for the silvertop itb's. i just had to modify the flanges. those only costed me 40usd. they were about the same length as yours.

with itb's here are my suggestions. run no vaccume reference for the fuel pressure regulator. just leave it open. tune the computer based off TPS only. the use of a vaccume accumulator manifold will be used for vaccume monitoring as well as brake booster vaccume. no matter what you do map sensor readings will NEVER be accurate enough to tune to drive as good as TPS load mapping would. when tapping your vaccume ports from each runner tap the manifold as close to the head as possible.

another suggestion is if you plan to use an idle up solinoid for cold starts, do not purge the idle motor into the vaccume block. do purge the idle motor farther away from the head but behind the throttle butterflys, but all that should not matter much if you plan to run TPS based load mapping.

Just for discussion, I think there are a lot of advantages with using a MAP based system over TPS for a road car now that I've sorted mine out. For example the drivability and fuel consumption are generally better when cruising on a MAP system. Also and if you use a TPS and it moves even slightly from it's set position then your whole table will be off.

TPS would benefit over a MAP system if there is a large cam overlap as there wouldn't be much range in vacuum.

Just my 2c : )