8 Throttle Body Intake

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
When I get mine completed and on the dyno I'll let everyone know. I have a "before" dyno sheet so we will be able to compare the differences.

I should point out that the main reason why I'm converting to ITB's is for a sharper throttle response. I'm not expecting much increase in peak power but it will help when I fit cams.

lowboost said:
What kind of wheel hp can you make with ITB's?
itbs are definitely not a peak HP thing

the road is not a dyno - its about 'driving'

they will improve outright power compared to a single TB - but you need cams to make the most of them. they will improve airflow - but so much so that the stock cams won't keep up.

so it's like saying icecream (ITBs) is better than a chocolate bar (single TB) (let's just say it is, okay?). but you need a cone (cams) to eat the icecream, don't you?

that said, they will improve your average power and torque by a "noticable" amount.

sooo... if I have my 4 cones with 232 duration @ .050" and 9.8mm lift I'd be taking good advantage of my iceream scoops?

but to start with we'll still either use two stock chocolate bars, or one 100mm chocolate bar.

i wholly disagree.

runner mounted ITBs will not produce greater peak HP than a properly sized plenum mounted single. perhaps comparing itbs to some stock single, yes, but if youre chasing big HP at WOT such as dyno comps (queens) or drag racing, a big single is the way to go

An advantage of ITB's is that with different length trumpets (assuming you have room) you can tune where in the RPM range the pressure waves are most effective. For a circuit race car you'd probably want that to occur at peak power but for a rally car or road car where you're using a larger RPM range you'd probably want to tune the pressure waves to arrive at peak torque.

Offroad buggy - all the room I want.. :)

pk tq looks like the go.

Anyone have the dimentions for the rb26 (or is it rb30) ITB's?

mate,

theres zero taper on the bore, the whole assembly is only 34mm thick :)

butterflies are 45mm on 90mm centres

overall outside dimensions are about 190mm x 78mm x 34mm

these dimensions include the spring return and linkages mounted on the ends of the alloy body.

see pic earlier in thread

Finally got the chance to do a bit of fabrication and assembly work on the manifold plate, throttle bodies and linkages today:

Image00001.jpg

Image00002.jpg

Image00003.jpg

Image00004.jpg

Ed, will you be using stock cams or something a bit more aggressive? I'm having difficulty with sealing against the huge vacuum produced by the stock cams which is resulting in a high idle speed.