8 Throttle Body Intake

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Nice work Ghazzah, ed_ma61

Some nice cams to go with those ITB's and she will sing.

cribbj

I found the best way to remove the butterfly screws is to file off the thread that is sticking out the other side then a tiny oxy flame touched on the head of the screw for a second, just enough to melt any loctite that may be there. They then simply unscrew. Finding a good fitting screwdriver is the key, buy one if you need to. Use new screws and then pein the thread lighty so they can't come out.

If you don't need to pull them apart don't do it.

Mask them up for painting is by far the eaisiest was to go.

Yep, see several replies ago "We simply used a red 2-pak on the bodies". Painted.

Not sure about powder coating temps....hang on...

...To obtain the final solid, tough, abrasion resistant coating the powder coated items are placed in an oven and heated to temperatures that range from 160 to 210 degrees C (depending on the powder...

http://www.finishing.com/Library/pennisi/powder.html

Here is an interesting fact:

...Powder coating is by far the youngest of the surface finishing techniques in common use today. It was first used in Australia about 1967...

Later, Dudes.

it runs

Finally got my engine running on all 8 cylinders the spark plug lead layout that I downloaded from somewhere was wrong and cyl's 4 and 6 were transposed together with a badly loaded plug it now runs on all 8 albeit really really rich

I suppose I will have to buy the link up thingy to attach my laptop to the link ecu so i can wind the fuel muxture back a bit

I will get it warm on saturday and see what happens as the temp is telling the ecu to pour the fuel in

I have no idea how I am going to make it idel with all those throttles but it will be fun driving the neighbours nuts

Yo, another kiwi here. I'm putting a lexus v8 into an old ford capri, thought it'd be pretty cool to do quad throttle 4age throttle setup, I've got the throttle bodies but i've gotta admit, this thread's brought up some complicated issues that are slowly putting me off. I emailed 1uzquadcam and asked them if theyd sell me some unmachined manifolds that i could machine up myself, they didnt get back to me. Ghazza, do you work at scotts?

I really like the use of the helix couplings between the 4age ITB's by Ghazzah, and want to do the same. However I am a little worried about what would happen if one failed (grubscew comes loose). Would this cause unintended acceleration, or am I too paranoid, as I notice the factory ones have individual return springs on each itb.