1UZFE into V6 4Runner with Wolf 3D

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Been trying to see in pics how your accel cable sits but its not clear, is that it going under the brake MC?. I`m going to guess you were able to just reuse the V6 cable. Believe it or not but the accel cable is the thing I`m having the most trouble with as I want it to look neat when finished. My standard cable is WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! to long and the one that came with the half cut is also to long for what I want, plus I don`t want to drill holes in the fire wall to make it fit.

Guts, this pic should hopefully help....It actually goes through the Brake MC, but don't do it the way I have. When offroad the motor must moves enough to make the cable housing grip on the brake mc and keeps the revs high. It also revs the motor itself when in reverse as the motor must torque the opposite way to normal driving, which pulls on the cable.

Its just using my std. V6 cable, which was way too long as well. I just removed the cable (the wire bit) and shortened the outer housing to suit. But I couldn't get housing to go into the metal doover that bolts to the throttle body. So I now have a kink there where the electrical tape is in the pic. To shorten the wire cable part I just fed it through the housiing from the motor side, and used a bolt on calbe clamp near the accelrator pedal. Then cut the excess off. This bit worked a treat.

So all in all I have a very dodgy setup, that got the job done but. There is a custom cable guy on the coast here who I will get to do a proper job soon.

abu.jpg

Thought I'd post a little update on mine...

I got a custom throttle cable done recently for $140 (half was labour to remove the brake booster and fit cable). This was a huge improvement over my dodgy job of shortening the existing V6 cable myself. The pedal is a lot smoother, and the motor doesn't rev itself when in reverse, and when the susp is twisted up offroad.

abw.sized.jpg

I also finally got rid of the podfilter, which I am stoked about. I found some dried up muddy water after the AFM recently so I got off my arse and fitted the VN airbox.

It was a pretty straight forward fit, just had to cut the bottom out of the box in a phew places to clear the wheel arch, and a flexi joiner thing off a commodore was used to connect the AFM to the resonance box. The std. lexus rubber was way to stiff in this position and didn't allow any movement, the commodore one works a treat.

I was amzed at the difference the airbox made, wether it's coincendence of not, it seems to be more responsive, and idle better too.

abx.sized.jpg

aby.sized.jpg

abz.sized.jpg

A bigger radiator is being fitted this week, which is about another 3" higher than the current one, which will hopefully fix my low speed high load cooling problems. The new setup won't have any 90 degree mitre joints either, which will hopefulyl help make a difference.

Twisty - What year 1UZ did you use (didn't see it in the thread anywhere) Looking great.

I'm curious about your overheating issues. Where you using the V6 radiator? Electric or clutch fan?

Attachments

• DV00014.jpg
    DV00014.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 181
  • DV00015.jpg
    DV00015.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 173
  • DV00019.jpg
    DV00019.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 167
Dont know if Dave is online but I have seen his rig and can answer the following.

Dont know what year, but YES to V6 rad (modified) and single 16" ice thermo fan as a pusher.

I'll just go now - spending too much time on here :)

What webbie said....but the modified V6 radiator has 2 90 degree mitre'd bends in the turbing which can't be good for flow. One guy told me this will be the problem. But a mate works at a radiator shop so I'm going to a taller core at the same time for the hell of it.

My overheating issues are nothing really to worry about. Its fine for heavy traffic, high load high speed & low range offroad work. I just got it in some really soft sand once and flogged the crap out of it to see if the temps would come up and they did. I was in 2nd gear high range 4x4 at 4500rpm+, if I shifted into 3rd at the same revs the extra speed would bring the temps back down.

Not sure what year motor mine is as I didn't by a halfcut, I haven't checked the leads for the year yet either, but probably should.

My mate is a panel beater and did them for me after he resprayed some other bits of the 4runner.

He just used the same paint that was used on the car, but had to to prep it with some kind of aluminium cleaner (sorry not sure on the details) which cost about $50 Au.....

I was stoked with how they came up but!!
DSCF0496.sized.jpg

DSCF0497.sized.jpg